Windows 10: Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them

Discus and support Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 10 2004, build 19041.450. I'm trying to install the generic Realtek Audio Drivers from their website, but Windows is constantly replacing them with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TTSVids105, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them

10 2004, build 19041.450.

I'm trying to install the generic Realtek Audio Drivers from their website, but Windows is constantly replacing them with the OEM's (Intel Smart Audio with separate Speakers and Headphone listings and no audio effects).

Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them [​IMG]

The only way I can use the generic drivers is to use the setup program of the generic drivers to remove the Dell Drivers and replace them with the generic drivers. However, on next restart, Windows replaces them with the Dell drivers. I'm not using the generic Windows drivers as they produce audio crackling after a while, and I majorly use headphones so I have to unplug and plug them back in to reset the audio.

How do I stop this permanently without using Group Policy (as I'm on W10 Home)?

:)

TTSVids105, Aug 15, 2020
  2. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Aug 15, 2020
  3. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

PureSoftApps: APO Driver [2.7.7]

alanfox2000, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them

1. Install the generic Realtek drivers, but Windows is replacing them - Similar Threads - Install generic Realtek

2. Why does Update remove my factory Dolby Surround drivers and replace them with generic 2.0...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Update remove my factory Dolby Surround drivers and replace them with generic 2.0...: ---What the deal is- SO- Microsoft update has been removing my mobo's Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi factory correct Dolby Surround drivers and replacing them with generic 2.0 drivers for years now and I need it to stop doing this. Why Microsoft would just modify my mobo as...
  3. Why does Update remove my factory Dolby Surround drivers and replace them with generic 2.0...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Update remove my factory Dolby Surround drivers and replace them with generic 2.0...: ---What the deal is- SO- Microsoft update has been removing my mobo's Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi factory correct Dolby Surround drivers and replacing them with generic 2.0 drivers for years now and I need it to stop doing this. Why Microsoft would just modify my mobo as...
  4. Why does Update remove my factory Dolby Surround drivers and replace them with generic 2.0...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek Drivers not installing

Realtek Drivers not installing: i just recently got this pc however i can't use my headphones/ their not working bc realtek driver is not available i've tried using the installer but after i restart it doesn't install anything as it's missing from device manager and control panel, the only driver that is...
  6. Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver

Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver: HiI have used 6 below mentioned steps to replace Microsoft driver and install Realtek driver Actually need to replace other drivers as well but not working out. Intention is to remove: Audioendpoint.inf which is getting picked by default to many audio device components...
  7. generic print drivers installation

generic print drivers installation: I need to install a GENERIC PRINTER DRIVER in addition to my printer for work purposes in order to generate something called a PRN in court transcription. Help! I have a Lenovo laptop....
  8. Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.

Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.: How do I find out if I can replace my intel HD audio driver or device with the realtek one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-intel-hd-audio-driver-with-realtek/5f2a7c8b-c195-4e49-9e77-9d13c41dc060
  9. Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10

Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10: This is a desktop running Windows 10, version 1803, with an AOC monitor. I'm trying to update a generic Windows driver from 2006 with a manufacturer's driver from 2013, but Windows keeps telling me that the best driver is already installed. When I go to Control...
  10. Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver

Generic audio driver VS Realtek driver: Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation windows, audio has been...