Windows 10: Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10?

Discus and support Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win10 1909 (18363.628) x64 I still want the extremely simple and effective functionality that MS Photo Editor provides (photoed.exe from old Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JLJones, Feb 3, 2020.

1. JLJones Win User

Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10?

Win10 1909 (18363.628) x64

I still want the extremely simple and effective functionality that MS Photo Editor provides (photoed.exe from old Office versions). I have an x64 installer somebody made for Win7 (worked perfectly in Win7) and tested installing it into Win10 ~ it seemed to work EXCEPT that MS Update demanded some XP-sp3 updates which either would not install or could not be found. These appear to be available as standalone downloads from sites like CNET and such, but I'm wondering if installing these old elements -- unsupported updates and such -- into Win10 is significantly problematic.

Please note I'm not looking for alternative image editor suggestions (and not interested in virtualization), just wondering two things:

(A) does anybody have a dedicated Win10 installer for MS Photo Editor?
    (B) assuming I can install and run it, do the XP-period elements represent a significant, persistent security risk for Win10?

THX ~ JLJ

:)

JLJones, Feb 3, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 3, 2020
  3. How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Thanks for the info - This also works with my Win 7, 64 bit system.
    Photos are a zip, but when I attempt to scan a negative, the lid light switches off and I wind up with a lovely scan of the underside of the lid.
    Perhaps I missed a key step?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

kfogpd1045, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Martti__R Win User

Old win 7/8 photoviewer in win 10 ?

Hi !

I would like to use the old win7/8 photo viewer in my win 10 machine to watch photos.

Otherwise the old photoviewer works fine but the sorting of the pictures is annoying: if I

-have JPG and RAW files in same directory and

-sort them by type so that in file manager lists the jpg's first,

-double click the first JPG (the old photoviewer displays the first jpg correctly but) but

-when I try to see the next picture by pressing the arrow on bottom, the photo viewer shows the RAW file, not the next JPG (in win 8 this works fine).

Is there any possibility to change the old photoviewer to work as it does in win8 ?

Thanks for help, Martti

Martti__R, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Install the old MS PhotoEd in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Install old PhotoEd

2. old canon zr800 install/capture in win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old canon zr800 install/capture in win 10: I am trying to get my old Canon ZR800 camera to work w/ Windows 10. When I first attached it, I made the grave error of inadvertently selecting the Nero malware supposed to help, not hinder. I have uninstalled all the Nero apps and even Seagate as this seems to be somehow...
  3. How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10: How to get the old MS Photo Editor program to run on Windows 10? I know MS Photo Editor PhotoEd.exe is a very old program but I use it daily. It loads very fast and has the basic tools I need such as Crop, Resize, and Rotate. I loaded it on my Windows 7 desktop and when I...
  4. How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10: How to get the old MS Photo Editor program to run on Windows 10? I know MS Photo Editor PhotoEd.exe is a very old program but I use it daily. It loads very fast and has the basic tools I need such as Crop, Resize, and Rotate. I loaded it on my Windows 7 desktop and when I...
  5. How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. installing an old printer on win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing an old printer on win 10: Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way to install it?...
  7. MS photo will not install from MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS photo will not install from MS Store: MS Photo will not install from Store to my windows 10 PC. It downloads about 1 MB installs a 16kb executable and then stops. this just hap[pened today after I got the error message that MS Photo app isn't started. Tried the same BS to repair, reset, update, delete uisng...
  8. How to open CAP Photos in MS Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open CAP Photos in MS Win 10: I stored around 8MB of Photos on a Lenovo/EMC storage drive, NAS the drives power supple packed up along with the internal on/off switch, I could find anywhere to get the drive repaired so I removed the HDD, and connected it to my PC. But it is a CAP file, and I cannot find...
  9. Installing Win 10, thank you MS.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win 10, thank you MS.: Warning long rant. So I had an updating on my Win7 laptop, things seemed fine until the reboot to finish the update. After that update oddities showed up. Longer boot up, Firefox went brain dead, opening it would lead to a blank screen, it would only work in safe mode. Chrome...
  10. bsod win 10 clean install , old dell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod win 10 clean install , old dell: hello, hope someone can help. upgraded a vista machine to win7, then updated to win10, then clean installed win 10. worked ok for a few days but now bsod every 20 minutes or so. I get watchdog violation. have updated bios and NVidia drivers plus everything else I can think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms photoed