Windows 10: Install the same window license on 2 ssd?

Discus and support Install the same window license on 2 ssd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As microsoft allow licence to run on only one pc, is it acceptable to install the same window 10 license on 2 SSD or a clone of it and run only 1 SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr_Chan, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Mr_Chan Win User

Install the same window license on 2 ssd?

As microsoft allow licence to run on only one pc, is it acceptable to install the same window 10 license on 2 SSD or a clone of it and run only 1 SSD on the pc one at a time? One of the SSD may have some apps not the same installed on it

:)

Mr_Chan, Mar 21, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Archquark Win User
    Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step

I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came back it was back to original Install now screen.

I had disabled secure boot in firmware as suggested. SSD is the only drive attached at present. Should I attempt a reinstallation or are there other steps I should pursue first.

I am using a retail licensed Windows 10 Pro version installed on USB using Microsoft creation media.

Dell 8700 XPS
    i7 4790 processor at 3.40 Ghz
    16GB memory
    2 TB HDD Windows 8.1 installed presently not connected
    Kingston HyperX 120GB

Archquark, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Install the same window license on 2 ssd?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Install the same window license on 2 ssd?

1. Install the same window license on 2 ssd? - Similar Threads - Install same window

2. How to merge 2 Drives that are on the same SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to merge 2 Drives that are on the same SSD?: I recently bought a new SSD M.2 NVMe which has 1 TB of storage. My old SSD had a storage of 250 GB SATA. My main goal was to make this new SSD my main C drive in order for BIOS to boot from the new SSD. Once I installed it, I cloned the old SSD to the new one and was able to...
  3. How to merge 2 Drives that are on the same SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge 2 Drives that are on the same SSD?: I recently bought a new SSD M.2 NVMe which has 1 TB of storage. My old SSD had a storage of 250 GB SATA. My main goal was to make this new SSD my main C drive in order for BIOS to boot from the new SSD. Once I installed it, I cloned the old SSD to the new one and was able to...
  4. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  5. Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?

Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?: Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?The computer will only use one SSD at a time. Will the UEFI settings, supposed it is stored in the computer and not in the SSD, messed up?...
  6. Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?: Can I install 2 license of Window, on separate SSD, in a single computer?The computer will only use one SSD at a time. Will the UEFI settings, supposed it is stored in the computer and not in the SSD, messed up?...
  7. Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd: Hello I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 education on its m.2 ssd, so its probably an OEM license I have a sata ssd that has Windows 10 home on it, that I added to the laptop to boot from I want to replace my m.2 ssd with a different one with more storage, but I...
  8. Link 2 windows 10 licenses to the same microsoft account

Link 2 windows 10 licenses to the same microsoft account: Hi ! So for context, I have a laptop and desktop PC. My desktop's license is linked to my microsoft account, but not my laptop's. I need to buy a new laptop, and would like to transfer the windows license not OEM, I bought it from the old laptop to the new. Is it...
  9. Installing same Windows in my SSD

Installing same Windows in my SSD: I have Acer Nitro AN515-52 laptop. I got licensed Windows 10 with my laptop in my HDD. Now i'm installing new SSD in my laptop, how will i be able to have the same licensed Windows 10 installed in my SSD rather HDD. Kindly help me with this....
  10. 2 installations - same SDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 installations - same SDD: Hello there. I am currently using my Vivobook's original Windows installation on its SSD. I want to have another installation or better yet clone my current installation (or restore it) to another partition in the same storage SSD. I used EaseUSA Todo Backup to create a...