Windows 10: install updates when I'm not working

Discus and support install updates when I'm not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows is updating all day long and every time it does my computer slows to a crawl. The windows performance experience is terrible. How do I schedule... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ctctc, Jun 7, 2019.

1. ctctc Win User

install updates when I'm not working

Windows is updating all day long and every time it does my computer slows to a crawl. The windows performance experience is terrible. How do I schedule windows to install updates when I'm not working?

:)

ctctc, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 7, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. install updates when I'm not working - Similar Threads - install updates I'm

2. Audio from other apps not working when I'm on a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from other apps not working when I'm on a call: When I'm in a Teams meeting or discord vc, the audio from other apps - suppose I'm playing a YT video on edge - is completely muted. This has been happening only for a while, probably a few weeks... How can I fix it?...
  3. Audio from other apps not working when I'm on a call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio from other apps not working when I'm on a call: When I'm in a Teams meeting or discord vc, the audio from other apps - suppose I'm playing a YT video on edge - is completely muted. This has been happening only for a while, probably a few weeks... How can I fix it?...
  4. Audio from other apps not working when I'm on a call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. rdp stops working when i'm not on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    rdp stops working when i'm not on it: when i'm logged into the rdp it works perfectly but when i log of stuff stops working it does not restart but it stops working. ask if your require more info quite new to this...
  6. When I'm trying to download/update/install a game my internet is not usable at all and the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I'm trying to download/update/install a game my internet is not usable at all and the...: I don't know if this is the right place to ask but a few days ago I started having this problem. I opened Epic Games launcher to update a game and the download was stuck. When I wanted to google it on google the internet was so slow it wasn't usable at all. Only after I...
  7. Hello. When I'm installing apps they fail to install and the installer opens again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello. When I'm installing apps they fail to install and the installer opens again.: EDIT I fixed the issue, I had to launch programs in administrator mode when I install windirstat it says *error opening file for writing* d:/the directory its saved and it re opens the installer this happens with handbrake as well it didn't install and it kept...
  8. an error happen when electricity gone off when i'm updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    an error happen when electricity gone off when i'm updating: error code 0x8007007B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-happen-when-electricity-gone-off-when-im/e55fdffd-f8f5-40ef-94d9-04b3944cd50f
  9. emails not sending when i'm at home, but send when i'm at work

in Windows 10 Customization
    emails not sending when i'm at home, but send when i'm at work: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large"...
  10. Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program blocked when I'm trying to install it: Hey guys! I'm trying to install a program but Windows says the publisher's been blocked. Problem is that there's no button to unlock it. There's just an OK button. Is there a way to go around this? 13738