Windows 10: Install & Upgrade

Discus and support Install & Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7, and since then the performance of my computer has slowed right down, and certain elements have even become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dspriya.mcaa, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Install & Upgrade

I upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 7, and since then the performance of my computer has slowed right down, and certain elements have even become unresponsive. This morning, I had to restart my computer several times just to be able to use it normally because none of the icons or menus were responding.

:)

dspriya.mcaa, Apr 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Install & Upgrade

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Install & Upgrade

1. Install & Upgrade - Similar Threads - Install Upgrade

2. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...
  3. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...
  4. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  5. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  6. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

7. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  8. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  9. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...