Windows 10: install using gpt, uefi required?!?

Discus and support install using gpt, uefi required?!? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The real answer is sort of .. on a Legacy boot, you can initialize the drive as GPT and you can dism install Windows BUT... you lose recovery (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pietro, Jun 2, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

install using gpt, uefi required?!?

If I try to boot from a GPT disk on my legacy BIOS computer, all I get is a flashing underline cursor in the upper left corner of the screen.....

NavyLCDR, Jun 5, 2016

2. Yeah, I didn't say it was easy or recommended *Wink

Use at your own risk: Booting Windows 7 from a GPT Disk Using BIOS (non-UEFI)

There are lots of other ways - all non-standard Windows and aren't worth the effort.

Using a SD card or Thumbdrive for the boot at least preserves some Windowness.
    I used a SD card to boot but abandoned the project - but it was fun testing.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

install using gpt, uefi required?!?

1. install using gpt, uefi required?!? - Similar Threads - install using gpt

2. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  3. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  4. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  6. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  7. MBR to GPT. UEFI issue HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MBR to GPT. UEFI issue HP laptop.: I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using CMD. Now in bios I have selected UEFI and disabled legacy, but OS is not booting. How do I get it to boot?...
  8. GPT - UEFI problem, reinstall required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT - UEFI problem, reinstall required?: Hi guys, New to the forum, thanks for the help you provided in the past *Biggrin Hope you can help as my PC is now inaccessible. Yesterday I installed the new MB and CPU/RAM. Everything was fine, I started Windows, installed chipset drivers (moved from Intel to AMD),...
  9. installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build

installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build: trying to install a UEFI/GPT setup, but keep getting "unauthorised changes on firmware/OS or UEFI drivers" message. When i disable CSM/UEFI in BIOS it works but I cant seem to get the installer to create the extra three partitions for a proper install, only one. 120137
  10. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...