Windows 10: Install.wim installed on boot usb but is not working in windows 10 set up

Discus and support Install.wim installed on boot usb but is not working in windows 10 set up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to download windows on my new gaming build. I only have a mac as another computer so I used Unetbootin to make a bootable USB drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeCV52, Jun 2, 2020.

1. JakeCV52 Win User

Install.wim installed on boot usb but is not working in windows 10 set up

I have been trying to download windows on my new gaming build. I only have a mac as another computer so I used Unetbootin to make a bootable USB drive with the lastest windows iso version. i plugged it in and took the necessary steps to start up and it did, but I was interrupted by error 0x8007000D which states that I do not have install.wim so it cant download windows. I plugged my USB back into my mac to check to see if it is installed and it is. what can i do and is there another software i can use to make a bootable USB windows 10 USB drive.

:)

JakeCV52, Jun 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 2, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 2, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Install.wim installed on boot usb but is not working in windows 10 set up - Similar Threads - Install wim installed

2. Restoring a .WIM, Windows will not Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a .WIM, Windows will not Boot: Hi, I am really at a loss, and was hoping someone would help. I have a .WIM that I need to restore to a test laptop.I have a USB thumb drive with WinPE on it. I have a USB SSD with the .WIM.The version of Windows is newer as of 6/2021, likely the latest version or one...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack

Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack: Hi all, I cannot find the language pack file for updating my Windows 10 20H2 WIM. These ISOs are my only options. [ATTACH] I downloaded these both; copied out the en-gb\lp.cab Mounted the WIM in DISM in CMD and in PowerShell - tried both Ran the command to install the...
  4. How to retrieve files stored in the USB that was set up as a Windows 10 Installation USB

How to retrieve files stored in the USB that was set up as a Windows 10 Installation USB: Dear friendly MSFT community members, First of all I have to say this is a careless mistake on my side, but any help or advise is greatly appreciated! Cut long story short, I set up an external hard drive roughly 1TB with 500GB occupied with photos and memories as a...
  5. Windows 10 Professional installation: USB drive boot installation and formatting?

Windows 10 Professional installation: USB drive boot installation and formatting?: Hello new friends, having trouble turning my win7 machine into a Win10. I do not need any files, settings or software retained, just newd to wipe this machine and start fresh with Windows 10. Attempting to wipe my system, reformat drives and do a fresh OS install for a...
  6. Boot up from USB to do fresh install

Boot up from USB to do fresh install: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I need to install from the USB drive. I have a Gigabyte VEFI Dual Bios motherboard, model B85M-D3H, bios version F14. Hope that is all correct, I got it from the bios section when it came up. My question is, how do I...
  7. Windows 10 install media not booting up

Windows 10 install media not booting up: Hi, I recently built my own pc from scratch, here the specs Ryzen 5 3600 Asus Prime X570-P motherboard EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Corsair Vengeance 16gb ram I also recently bought windows 10 to put on my PC but when I even try to use the install media from Microsoft's website,...
  8. Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working!

Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working!: Hello! Recently, I wanted to have Ubuntu Linux on my Computer and Windows 10, so I could switch between them, while installing Ubuntu Linux I accidently removed Windows 10. I was able to get Windows 10 onto my MacBook Air and created a Bootable Windows USB using the Windows...
  9. 12GB WIM File (Making it into a bootable USB Installer)

12GB WIM File (Making it into a bootable USB Installer): Hello everyone, I'm trying to automate a Windows 10 installation with my customized WIM image. From the tutorials I've read, the best practice is to split the DMG (which doesn't do the windows setup screen for automation using autounattend.xml) or creating two partitions...
  10. Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM: A few months back, I created a Win10 Installation media. I used sysprep/DISM to capture it and, it has been working great. However, I'm testing an AutoUnattend.xml file with it today. Up 'til now, it's only been used for manual installations. When I use DISM to take a peek at...