Windows 10: install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is...

Discus and support install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC is Ubuntu Linux OS(64-bits) and when i install windows 10 iso file in Ubuntu Linux with virtual box(my PC is customized without DVD drive) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dawangUO, Nov 26, 2018.

1. dawangUO Win User

install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is...

My PC is Ubuntu Linux OS(64-bits) and when i install windows 10 iso file in Ubuntu Linux with virtual box(my PC is customized without DVD drive) and get an error with "media driver you computer need is missing". i tried many workaround suggested by others but still doesn't work.
    anyone has a solution?

By the way, i have succeeded in installing the Kali Linux in my Ubuntu Linux OS.

install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is... 1376b931-2f7c-40ed-aad1-1c677f0f7eb9?upload=true.png

:)

dawangUO, Nov 26, 2018
  2. zithe Win User

Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is... :(

zithe, Nov 26, 2018
  3. dadi_oh Win User
    Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

I have a spare machine that I put together with parts I had laying around to try out Linux. Here are the parts:

ASUS P5K-SE P35 based mobo
    E1200 CPU (Celeron C2D with measly 512K cache *Smile install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is... :)
    512MB DDR2 667MHz
    EVGA 7900GT video card
    Maxtor 80GB PATA drive
    Antec 450W power supply

Basic stuff but from what I understand Linux is not as demanding on HW as Windows.

So I downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu 64 bit from their site version 8.04 as an ISO file (ubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso), made up an installation CD, and booted up into the install program. The install program detects the hard drive and I tell it to use the whole partition for Linux since I have no plans for dual boot. It makes it's way through the whole installation and then asks to reboot.

Once the machine posts it tries to boot from the hard drive and gets the following message

GRUB Loading stage 1.5
    GRUB Loading, please wait...
    Error 2

From doing a little searching it seems likely that the issue is with accessing the PATA drive. One of the poroposed solutions was to change the UDMA access mode in BIOS to something the drive does not support, thus forcing GRUB to read the drive and pick a mode that it does support. The problem is, this motherboard is really designed for SATA drives and the IDE (PATA) interface does not have the typical settings I am used to in the BIOS. Basically I can go to "integrated devices" memory and enable or disable the controller but nothing about changing interface details.

One of the other suggestions was to use LILO (sp?) rather than GRUB but I am not sure how to do that from the installation. The installation seems to be designed for new users.

It seems rather weird that it detects the drive well enough to install the whole operating system and then fails to boot from it... Not a good start to my Linux experience :shadedshu

Any suggestions?

dadi_oh, Nov 26, 2018
  4. install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is...

Error Installing Windows 10

Hi Devesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Are you getting any error message?

• Have you installed Linux or Ubuntu?

• Have you tried restarting your computer?

• How did you install the Windows 10 is it through windows updates or ISO?
    I suggest you to force restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please provide us with required information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is...

1. install winddows 10 iso in Ubuntu Linux and get error "media driver you computer need is... - Similar Threads - install winddows iso

2. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  3. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  4. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi I am unable to install Win10 using my thumb drive, I am able to bootup my system and get the installer working. However when I get to the "Install Windows" section, clicking on install brings up this error.I have got the latest BIOS driver for my Mobo installed. The mobo I...
  6. Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

Win10 install error! "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi I am unable to install Win10 using my thumb drive, I am able to bootup my system and get the installer working. However when I get to the "Install Windows" section, clicking on install brings up this error.I have got the latest BIOS driver for my Mobo installed. The mobo I...
  7. Getting "A media driver your computer needs is missing" during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting "A media driver your computer needs is missing" during Windows 10 installation: I have been using Linux for a year on my pc. But I need to install Windows to play some games (Valorant). But during installation, I am getting an error after pressing "Install Now". I searched for online threads and solutions, like changing the USB ports or whatever like...
  8. Error installing windows: "a media driver your computer needs is missing..."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error installing windows: "a media driver your computer needs is missing...": I tried installing windows 10 on my brand new PC, but it seems that i cant install windows. i get an error stating: "A media driver your computer needs is missing. this could be a DVD, USB, or Hard Disk driver..." i downloaded the windows installer from the microsoft website...
  9. Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi, I have recently encountered an error when trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. When I backed up all my files, I went into "Repair your computer" and opened command prompt. I then put in a command for "diskpart" and wrote clean disk 0 (the hard disk). Then I...
  10. Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues

Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues: Hi Everyone, Last night I had the wild urge to try out the linux distribution of Ubuntu, I really thought everything was going well. Within Ubuntu, there's a hard drive partitioning application built-in, that part of the installation seemed to go well. I proceeded to move...