Windows 10: Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Discus and support Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AC164, Dec 11, 2019.

1. AC164 Win User

Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all of my linux partitions in the process. How do I prevent Windows from accessing, erasing, or modifying these partitions during the installation process?

:)

AC164, Dec 11, 2019

2. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?

PrachiSharma1, Dec 11, 2019
  3. How to install WIndows 10 alongside Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have at present Windows 7 installed alongside Ubuntu 14.04. Wanted to upgrade to Win 10. I downloaded the upgrade. But the installation failed. Please help!

Debasish_b, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Installing Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu?

Ubuntu comes as an ISO file, that has it's own "Installer" that automatically can adjust partitions for running two Operating Systems along each other. My suggestion is to go ahead and make a bootable drive (USB, CD, etc), or buy one. Try to install Windows
    10, and if you fail, you can use the bootable drive to re-install ubuntu along with Windows 10.

IMAnonymous365, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

1. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Install alongside Ubuntu

2. installing Windows on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...
  3. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

Installing Ubuntu alongside windows: I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?...
  4. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...
  5. Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10

Getting rid of Ubuntu and installing Windows 10: Hi, I have a laptop with Ubuntu 18.10 and i am trying to install windows 10 on it. I have a bootable usb with windows 10 but the install does not automatically start when i restart the laptop. Any guidance on how I can resolve this?...
  6. Ubuntu install question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu install question: Hello i have windows 10 Home in my SSD Drive 120 GB and 1 TB HDD D drive . i want to ask if i can install ubuntu alongside windows 10 but somehow on D drive !! can you please help me to find out if i can it ?! thank you...
  7. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...
  8. Installing Windows Vista alongside Windows 10 via VHD

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Installing Windows Vista alongside Windows 10 via VHD: Hi everyone, I have a Dell 3531 Laptop currently running Windows 10, I'd like to install Windows Vista on a VHD so I can dual boot Windows 10 and Vista. I've tried it a few times but I can't figure it out. I was wondering if anyone could help me on how to do it, or if...
  9. Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu

Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu: A friend of mine installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop because he thought it would make it faster but I have almost know knowledge of the operating system so its been pretty horrible. I made a boot USB drive using the windows media creation tool and set my toshiba's boot system...
  10. how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?

how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?: no vmware,just alongside Windows 10 37790

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows alongside ubuntu