Windows 10: install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

Discus and support install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have windows 10 on flash drive, want to install in corrupted computer. can get to advanced BIOS features page, second boot drive/hard disk, options are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kathy428, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Kathy428 Win User

install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

Have windows 10 on flash drive, want to install in corrupted computer. can get to advanced BIOS features page, second boot drive/hard disk, options are USB-zip & USB-FDD; don't know if either option is what wanted, and do not want to corrupt BIOS. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Kathy428, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Installing XP with a flash drive.

While trying to fix a computer with a corrupted CD-ROM driver that wouldn't rollback and I couldn't find a driver for, the drive wouldn't work for me at all. It needed a fresh install anyways. So I came up with the idea to install from a flash drive. After much research, I found an easy solution that actually worked! Link below:

WinSetupFromUSB – Install Windows XP from USB Flash Drive

I thought this may be helpful to some (plus I wanted a place to stash the link in case I needed it again.*Smile install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer :) )

Enjoy!

DonInKansas, Feb 10, 2019
  4. install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

Files keep getting corrupted on my flash drive

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to enable "Better Performance" on the flash driver from the Device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager (Press Windows key + letter 'X' and choose Device Manager).
    • Expand Disk Drives.
    • Right click on the flash drive and choose "Properties."
    • Under the Policies tab, choose "Better Performance" and Apply changes.
    • Restart the computer and check the issue status.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

1. install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer - Similar Threads - install flash drive

2. Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive: I have an older HP laptop originally running Windows 7. I had upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer at W10 launch. I recently had to replace the hard drive and then used recovery discs specific to my computer. I wanted to re-install Windows 10 so I...
  3. Problem with clean install from flash drive

Problem with clean install from flash drive: My computer : Asus X205TA Pre installed 8.1 free upgrade 10 32 G SSD I attempted to clean install 10 version 1803. Does anyone know how I can complete the installation with no keyboard or network drivers. I have the...
  4. Installing Windows 10 from USB Drive - Can I use the same flash drive to install W10 on...

Installing Windows 10 from USB Drive - Can I use the same flash drive to install W10 on...: I have already successfully installed W10 64 Pro on one system, using the W10 USB flash drive. Can I use this same W10 USB flash drive to install W10 on another, different computer system? If so, I assume I would need a new product key - how could I obtain this? Thank you!...
  5. File corrupted after copying to new flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File corrupted after copying to new flash drive: Recently i bought 2 flash drive, toshiba and sandisk, and when i copy files to toshiba, it ended up corrupt, so i copied the same files to sandisk, its fine, so i do a scan with malwarebytes, clear, i've formatted the toshiba, issue still persist, so i connect toshiba to my...
  6. Corrupted Flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Flash drive: i have an older flash pen drive (32gb) and i think it may be corrupted it will only format exFAT and when i pop in a file it comes back as unusable so if anyone can inform me no how to hack it back to normality it would be appreciated also when i try to format it to...
  7. Boot from flash drive wants to install. Clean install or upgrade?

Boot from flash drive wants to install. Clean install or upgrade?: My PC won't boot because it says it can't find the hard drive. I booted from a flash drive, but it wants to do an install. Is it going to wipe everything or just do an "upgrade"? 79175
  8. File corrupted on USB flash drive or windows explorer confused?

in Windows 10 Support
    File corrupted on USB flash drive or windows explorer confused?: Have a new flash drive/stick. I copied some .MP4 videos to the drive for my TV. When I try to play them on my computer from the flash drive they dont play. I can play the original on the same machine. So deleted the flash copy and copied a new version. Same result. When I...
  9. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?: Good morning, Prior to beginning I am making this post to ask a few questions concerning Brinks' tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10,...
  10. Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive: Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state? Thanks, 16378