Windows 10: install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

Discus and support install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have windows 10 on flash drive, want to install in corrupted computer. can get to advanced BIOS features page, second boot drive/hard disk, options are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kathy428, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Kathy428 Win User

install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

Have windows 10 on flash drive, want to install in corrupted computer. can get to advanced BIOS features page, second boot drive/hard disk, options are USB-zip & USB-FDD; don't know if either option is what wanted, and do not want to corrupt BIOS. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Kathy428, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Installing XP with a flash drive.

While trying to fix a computer with a corrupted CD-ROM driver that wouldn't rollback and I couldn't find a driver for, the drive wouldn't work for me at all. It needed a fresh install anyways. So I came up with the idea to install from a flash drive. After much research, I found an easy solution that actually worked! Link below:

WinSetupFromUSB – Install Windows XP from USB Flash Drive

I thought this may be helpful to some (plus I wanted a place to stash the link in case I needed it again.*Smile install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer :) )

Enjoy!

DonInKansas, Feb 10, 2019
  4. install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

Files keep getting corrupted on my flash drive

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to enable "Better Performance" on the flash driver from the Device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager (Press Windows key + letter 'X' and choose Device Manager).
    • Expand Disk Drives.
    • Right click on the flash drive and choose "Properties."
    • Under the Policies tab, choose "Better Performance" and Apply changes.
    • Restart the computer and check the issue status.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

1. install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer - Similar Threads - install flash drive

2. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  3. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  4. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Corrupted files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files on flash drive: So I've got this flash drive that's near full capacity, and all of it is corrupted. It's in this garbled language see photos and it's impossible to rename or delete them. I've tried deleting them on the CMD prompt or using CHKDSK but all of that doesn't work. Is it broken...
  6. Installing windows 10 in flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 in flash drive: What assignment unit size do i need to choose? I have the options of: 8192,16,32 and 64kb submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvgaig/installing_windows_10_in_flash_drive/
  7. exporting from computer to flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exporting from computer to flash drive: I have been trying to export a few photos from my computer to my flash drive and can't. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-from-computer-to-flash-drive/9adfc7bc-352c-46f9-a3e8-fb5186d13d24
  8. corrupted files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted files on flash drive: windows 10 made my flash drive read only when making a recovery file but didnt finish and locked the drive, how can I reformat it as it is read only now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-files-on-flash-drive/7899ff17-a093-4968-873d-bb3911658758"
  9. Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive: I have an older HP laptop originally running Windows 7. I had upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer at W10 launch. I recently had to replace the hard drive and then used recovery discs specific to my computer. I wanted to re-install Windows 10 so I...
  10. Corrupted Flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Flash drive: i have an older flash pen drive (32gb) and i think it may be corrupted it will only format exFAT and when i pop in a file it comes back as unusable so if anyone can inform me no how to hack it back to normality it would be appreciated also when i try to format it to...