Windows 10: Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition

Discus and support Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to replace my Windows 10 partition with GNU/Linux. If I leave Windows RE Tools partition on the SSD, will I be able to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MiguelSequeira, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition

Hello,

I would like to replace my Windows 10 partition with GNU/Linux.

If I leave Windows RE Tools partition on the SSD, will I be able to do a full Windows 10 restore again, from that Windows RE Tools partition?

Thanks.

:)

MiguelSequeira, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Carsomyr Win User

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Oct 15, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition

1. Install Windows 10 From Windows RE Tools Partition - Similar Threads - Install Tools Partition

2. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  3. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  4. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows RE tools partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows RE tools partition size: How do I increase the size of my "Windows RE tools" partition? My Acronis disk backup is failing due to it not having enough free space 320 MB needed. If I open the Disk Management tool, that partition does not show up....
  6. Re-installing Windows 10 with Retail to change partitions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installing Windows 10 with Retail to change partitions: Hello! I want to re-install Windows 10 to do changes to my partitions. As i know, you can use OEM key for re-install, but i have Retail. Can someone help me keep my Retail product key?...
  7. RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD: My Son has just bought a pre-owned PC with an SSD and HDD. The PC was in an unknown state so I performed a clean Win 10 install on the SSD before looking at the HDD. It looks to me as if the previous owner had upgraded the PC from an HDD only to one that would boot off the...
  8. Partition question when re-installing windows

Partition question when re-installing windows: Windows 10 version 10.1.18363 build 18363 Hi all ! I want to re-install windows over an old setup which has started crashing. I have not done this for several years and I think the setup procedure has changed a bit. At the point of the setup where I have to pick the...
  9. Partitions when re-installing windows 10

Partitions when re-installing windows 10: I want to re-install windows 10 but when I go into the setup there's a list of partitions, i'm re-installing off a usb. Does anyone know if I should delete al of the partitions if i'm looking for a fresh start or whether to keep one and so on. I've been told to delete and re...
  10. Windows re tools partition How big?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows re tools partition How big?: Just how big should the Windows RE Tools partition be? This has probably been posted before, but I am a bit lazy today. So thanks in advance. Win 1903 18362.499 143890