Windows 10: Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD

Discus and support Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, So I'm going to upgrade my laptop's HDD to an SSD. I would like to install Windows 10 on the new SSD but keep the HDD as an external hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DannyPeña1, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD

Hello, So I'm going to upgrade my laptop's HDD to an SSD. I would like to install Windows 10 on the new SSD but keep the HDD as an external hard drive. Can I just do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SDD and use the OEM license without having it previously unistalled on the HDD?I do not want to clone, since I do not have the need to conserve programs or data on the SDD at the moment. I can always reinstall them or just copy the data to it from the HDD at another time.I really need a specific answer saying if currently having Windows 10 on my HDD, if I just swap it for an SDD on my laptop

:)

DannyPeña1, Sep 20, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 20, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 20, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD

1. Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD - Similar Threads - Install OEM SSD

2. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: hello, i am adding a new ssd to my commputer. currently windows 10 is running on my hdd. oem license. can the same oem license support both windows on ssd and hdd?i might wipe down the hdd or remove it down the road.. since windows is in hdd first, does it mean the boot...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: hello, i am adding a new ssd to my commputer. currently windows 10 is running on my hdd. oem license. can the same oem license support both windows on ssd and hdd?i might wipe down the hdd or remove it down the road.. since windows is in hdd first, does it mean the boot...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on a new SSD: So I have my laptop for around 2.5 years, it has a standard 1td HDD. I want to replace it with a SSD. However I have no idea how to install win10 on the SSD since my laptop doesn't have a disc drive. Is there any other way I can install windows 10? submitted by...
  5. Installing windows 10 on new SSD

Installing windows 10 on new SSD: my previous HDD failed after 7+ years of use and I am doing a fresh install of windows 10 through a bootbleable USB created from the downloadable ISO image. would i have to purchase a activation key once again? or would my microsoft account still have the digital license from...
  6. Installing OEM Windows 10 To A New Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing OEM Windows 10 To A New Drive?: I am currently waiting for my NVME drive to come into the mail, and I'm going to be installing Windows 10 onto it and reformating the HDD. I already have data backups (Everybody should) and am wondering how to get the factory windows onto the SSD. There is a recovery...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on new SSD

Installing Windows 10 on new SSD: Hello. I have a desktop PC with a 1GB HDD. It has Windows 10 (1809) on C: partition and Games, Documents, photos and other data on D: The boot mode is Legacy BIOS. I am going to install a 240 GB SSD as the primary drive and install the current version of Windows 10 on it. I...
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD

Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD: Hi i recently bought a dell desktop with win 10 on it but I want to upgrade to an SSD how can I do this without having to re buy windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-oem-windows-10-to-an-ssd/c85cf7a0-0dcb-413c-a47c-f54d989a32e5
  10. New Windows 10 install on new SSD

New Windows 10 install on new SSD: I am installing Windows 10 on a new SSD and have got to a screen that says "Make it Yours." This screen will not let me do anything. (locked up) I restarted the computer and it just goes back to the same screen with the same problem. NEED HELP!!! Thanks...