Windows 10: Install Windows 10 on a new drive

Discus and support Install Windows 10 on a new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently bought an SSD of 250GB for my PC and I'm trying to figure out if I can install W10 on the new drive without having any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan Cer, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Dan Cer Win User

Install Windows 10 on a new drive

Hello everyone.

I recently bought an SSD of 250GB for my PC and I'm trying to figure out if I can install W10 on the new drive without having any issue with the original drive.

Previously I had W10 installed on a HDD of 1TB which I have filled with games and apps that I use and I wouldn't like to lose them and have to reinstall everything again. I considered just moving as much as I could to another drive and try cloning the OS to the SSD I have no partitions on the HHD where W10 is installed and thus I can't try cloning only that partition but I think it may be a big of an issue. Therefore, I thought "why not just install W10 again on the new SSD?"

Do you think it's possible without having any issue? Will I be able to keep all my games and apps from the other HDD if I do so? Am I not forced to format that HDD? Can I have W10 on both drives and just choose to boot from the SSD and would that let me access all the files I have on the HDD?

I'm trying to find the best and easiest way to solve this, so any advice or suggestion would be welcome.

Have a nice day you all.

:)

Dan Cer, Aug 1, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 1, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Install Windows 10 on a new drive - Similar Threads - Install drive

2. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:: After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive eg when trying to play track via iTunes I can "see" the NAS drive on the network but get this msg if I try to play a track: "Windows cannot access \\DiskStation\Music. You do not have permission...
  3. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:: After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive eg when trying to play track via iTunes I can "see" the NAS drive on the network but get this msg if I try to play a track: "Windows cannot access \\DiskStation\Music. You do not have permission...
  4. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  6. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  7. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  8. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  9. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  10. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...