Windows 10: Install Windows 10 on a new drive

Discus and support Install Windows 10 on a new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently bought an SSD of 250GB for my PC and I'm trying to figure out if I can install W10 on the new drive without having any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan Cer, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Dan Cer Win User

Install Windows 10 on a new drive

Hello everyone.

I recently bought an SSD of 250GB for my PC and I'm trying to figure out if I can install W10 on the new drive without having any issue with the original drive.

Previously I had W10 installed on a HDD of 1TB which I have filled with games and apps that I use and I wouldn't like to lose them and have to reinstall everything again. I considered just moving as much as I could to another drive and try cloning the OS to the SSD I have no partitions on the HHD where W10 is installed and thus I can't try cloning only that partition but I think it may be a big of an issue. Therefore, I thought "why not just install W10 again on the new SSD?"

Do you think it's possible without having any issue? Will I be able to keep all my games and apps from the other HDD if I do so? Am I not forced to format that HDD? Can I have W10 on both drives and just choose to boot from the SSD and would that let me access all the files I have on the HDD?

I'm trying to find the best and easiest way to solve this, so any advice or suggestion would be welcome.

Have a nice day you all.

:)

Dan Cer, Aug 1, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 1, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Install Windows 10 on a new drive - Similar Threads - Install drive

2. Installation Media erased my external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Media erased my external hard drive?: I was attempting to reset my Windows 10, and needed to create Installation Media in order to do so. The only thing I had on my was my 2TB External Hard Drive, so I used that. It now appears that all the files I had previously on this hard drive are now erased and only has...
  3. Windows not installing from usb drive

Windows not installing from usb drive: Recently formatted my SSD to clear up space which also meant i has to reinstall windows. I have a bootable usb where i can initiate the installation, but it never finishes. After the first automatic restart i get sent back to the setup screen forcing me to restart the...
  4. Need to know if changing my default app install to a drive that used to be set up for it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to know if changing my default app install to a drive that used to be set up for it...: So i have recently fresh started (when you delete all programs and apps on the windows drive and reinstall windows, its a feature) and my d drive is not set up for apps anymore, according to windows. i set it, and it tells me itll delete all apps on the drive. does that mean...
  5. My Windows 10 installation media doesn’t give me the option to choose a USB drive and I...

My Windows 10 installation media doesn’t give me the option to choose a USB drive and I...: Title. I have a 64GB usb in my laptop and when I try to use the media thing for windows 10 it says c drive is full make room sorry. I watched a YouTube video but in his it gives the option to choose the usb for me it doesn’t. submitted by /u/DeadWeightJay [link]...
  6. Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F)

Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F): I boot Windows 10 (build 19041.423) from an external SSD (Samsung T5 connected via USB-C) and whenever I try to install a Microsoft first party game via the Windows Store or the Xbox (beta) app I get error (code 0x8007001F). This happens with Minecraft Dungeons, Halo MCC, and...
  7. [SOLVED] Windows 10 not installing from USB drive

[SOLVED] Windows 10 not installing from USB drive: I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Pop!_OS 20.04 on the same drive with separate partitions. I have gotten as far as to flash the Windows .iso image onto my USB drive but when I choose to boot from the USB I get a blank screen with just a single blinking underline....
  8. Installing Windows on Formatted drive

Installing Windows on Formatted drive: Hi there, I have a NVMe SSD formatted to NTFS but when I try to install windows10 on it I'm told that it has a MBR partition table. When I go to disk management to try to convert it to a GPT disk it won't allow me to convert it. How do I fix this problem so the windows10 o/s...
  9. Windows 10 not installing from USB drive

Windows 10 not installing from USB drive: I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Pop!_OS 20.04 on the same drive with separate partitions. I have gotten as far as to flash the Windows .iso image onto my USB drive but when I choose to boot from the USB I get a blank screen with just a single blinking underline....
  10. Move installed programs to a new clean installed drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move installed programs to a new clean installed drive.: Win 10 pro 2004 Till now, I never heard that it is possible to transfer installed programs from one drive / installation to another drive that had a clean install. dalchina say it is possible. You can't move installed programs to a new installation (clean install) - yes...