Windows 10: Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

Discus and support Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i am having issues installing windows 10 on my PC. I got a new motherboard a ASrock b250m performance and i kept my same CPU a i3-6100 3.7 eith... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllanSosa, May 25, 2020.

1. AllanSosa Win User

Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

Hello, i am having issues installing windows 10 on my PC. I got a new motherboard a ASrock b250m performance and i kept my same CPU a i3-6100 3.7 eith TDP 51. My HDD is Sata 7200rpm. My ram is a corsair vengeance 16 2x8gb DDR4 2400mghz. I run my windows 10 media tool off my usb und use UEFI boot and everytime i run it i get several errora. Sometimes its system exception, sometimes irql errors and sometimes its Memory error. I so lost here now. Any help would be appreciated. I want to note i order new ram from crucial a 8gb 2133mghz c13 based off my motherboard compatabilty list on the asrock website.

550 watt corsair psu nzxt h510b case and a coolmaster212evo.

:)

AllanSosa, May 25, 2020

2. New motherboard, new windows 10?

Do I need to get a new version of windows 10 if I'm upgrading to a new motherboard + CPU but still using the same HDD/SSD which will have windows 10 installed on it?

Also when changing my CPU and motherboard will I need to mess around with the BIOS for anything? I'd be happily surprised if it was literally plug and play.

NoahRamsden, May 25, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 25, 2020
  4. Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

1. Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD - Similar Threads - Install motherboard same

2. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU: So I upgraded my computer from a old MSI Z97-G43 motherboard, an Intel Core i5 4460 CPU and 16Go of DDR3 RAM to a Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a Asus Prime B650-Plus motherboard an 16Go of DDR5 RAM.The first thing I did was updating the bios.Then I made a bootable usb key with the...
  3. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU: So I upgraded my computer from a old MSI Z97-G43 motherboard, an Intel Core i5 4460 CPU and 16Go of DDR3 RAM to a Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a Asus Prime B650-Plus motherboard an 16Go of DDR5 RAM.The first thing I did was updating the bios.Then I made a bootable usb key with the...
  4. Can't install windows with new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new motherboard and CPU: I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU while keeping my current SSD which holds Windows 10.I've been getting this error at random times and I don't know how to fix it"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe"Here is the dump file from said recent...
  6. Trying to open Windows from an old HDD to a new Motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to open Windows from an old HDD to a new Motherboard and CPU: Hello, I decided to upgrade certain parts of the PC I built. I bought a new motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H, new CPU Intel core i5 10100, and new RAM to upgrade the older parts. I've put everything together, and I cannot get past the BIOS setup. I am not trying to buy...
  7. Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu

Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu: Can I use the same windows install on my hard drive with a new mother board and cpu? The license key wont be an issue. Do I need a fresh windows install? Thanks!...
  8. Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU: Hello, I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and CPU. I installed a clean copy of windows 10 pro from a USB and skipped inputting a product key/activation code because I do not have one. Before the change, I linked my copy of windows 10 pro to this microsoft...
  9. New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?

New motherboard and CPU. Need a clean install of windows 10?: I upgraded the motherboard and CPU now I cannot boot directly into Windows 10 from my ssd that it was installed on. But I can manually boot from the bios. the SSD is on the boot priority as first, but still not working. Do I have to do some windows recovery or something? I...
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install new motherboard how to get win 10