Windows 10: Install windows 10 on disk where there is already data

Discus and support Install windows 10 on disk where there is already data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can install windows 10 on a disk where there is already data or programs, without losing them? If so, what should I choose when installing on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hispanico, Jan 21, 2021.

1. hispanico Win User

Install windows 10 on disk where there is already data

I can install windows 10 on a disk where there is already data or programs, without losing them?
    If so, what should I choose when installing on the disk

Thank

:)

hispanico, Jan 21, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 21, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Install windows 10 on disk where there is already data - Similar Threads - Install disk where

2. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  3. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  4. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?: My old windows 10 had lots of problems so I decided to change my windows 10 also I wanted to delete any files on my ~500 gb hard driver So I did it I deleted all of my disks that i had before and made 3 local disk like C: 172 gb D: 145 gb E: 145When the installation of...
  6. Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?: My old windows 10 had lots of problems so I decided to change my windows 10 also I wanted to delete any files on my ~500 gb hard driver So I did it I deleted all of my disks that i had before and made 3 local disk like C: 172 gb D: 145 gb E: 145When the installation of...
  7. Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?

8. install software or games without overwriting data already on computer

install software or games without overwriting data already on computer: Hi I have a problem I am buying my brothers computer with windows 10 and it has all my data from my old hard drive all moved onto the computer. But I'm getting worried if I install old software/games that I had on my old laptop using the data to remember what i had will it...
  9. Migrate Windows 10 data to ssd with Windows 10 already installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate Windows 10 data to ssd with Windows 10 already installed?: Hey, Recently I bought an SSD and I have installed it into my desktop so I now have a 1 TB HDD and a 500GB SSD. I just finished installing Windows 10 on my SSD. They are both being used at the moment. Does anybody know how I could have my settings migrated to the windows...
  10. Where are "Disk Defragmenter"and "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are "Disk Defragmenter"and "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 10?: I just installed the Windows 10, and can't find the above 2 programs. So, I googled "Windows 10 Defrag", but they only showed where the program is in Win 7, 8, and 8.1, not where the program is in Windows 10. Any help will be very much appreciated. 15742