Windows 10: Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS

Discus and support Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help, please. I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from MS and downloaded the iso file to a recently purchased used lenovo Thinkpad laptop running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamCunninghame, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS

Help, please. I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from MS and downloaded the iso file to a recently purchased used lenovo Thinkpad laptop running Mint OS. I have the product key and a 64GB flash drive. I don't need a dual boot system, just Windows 10. What steps do I need to perform to install Windows 10?

:)

WilliamCunninghame, Mar 26, 2020

2. XP replacement for aging laptops

If Windows compatibility isn't a requirement, I recommend Linux Mint for those laptops:
    • It is available in 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
    • There are different editions that have different GUIs/desktops: Cinnamon, MATE, KDE, Xfce. Mint is not a "one size fits all" o.s.
    • The Xfce edition was specifically designed for machines that have lower-end hardware: slower CPU, less memory, not-so-great video.
    • The installers are "live" discs: you can boot the PC from disc, load Mint, and take it for a spin without touching your hard drive. This will let you check if your hardware is supported. If you decide that you like it, there's in Install icon on the desktop.
    • Linux Mint comes with a wide range of software preinstalled including Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Pidgin, and GIMP. Additional software that isn't installed by default can be downloaded using the package manager (think "App Store").
    I installed the MATE edition on my sister-in-law's 4-year-old Lenovo Thinkpad, and Mint nailed down all the drivers without any help from me. It runs great, and her laptop is a lot more secure than it would be with any version of Windows.

Static~Charge, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Shawn Win User
    Changing laptop OS from Liinux Mint 18.2 to Windows 10

My current laptop is running Linux Mint 18.2. I want to change it to Windows 10, but I'm unable to do so.

I created a bootable USB drive with a Windows 10 ISO image from here.

I followed the steps here:

I tried to format the partitions but I'm unable to install Windows. It says that there is a missing media driver:

Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS pjec8.jpg

I tried to change the USB port as suggested here

but it still won't work.

Shawn, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS

1. Install Windows 10 on lenovo laptop running Mint OS - Similar Threads - Install lenovo laptop

2. unable to install windows 10 on linux mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install windows 10 on linux mint: I have old laptop with linux mint that I'd like to switch hard drive and install windows on it. Thing is the Windows Installation Media usb stick crashes every time I try to open it. Firstly the computer fans goes full speed and I can get to different stages of windows...
  3. unable to install windows 10 on linux mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install windows 10 on linux mint: I have old laptop with linux mint that I'd like to switch hard drive and install windows on it. Thing is the Windows Installation Media usb stick crashes every time I try to open it. Firstly the computer fans goes full speed and I can get to different stages of windows...
  4. unable to install windows 10 on linux mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Want to Install Windows 10 home on Desktop with two OS installed - Linux Mint and Windows 8.0

Want to Install Windows 10 home on Desktop with two OS installed - Linux Mint and Windows 8.0: I bought the desktop 8 years ago with Windows 8.0 installed OEM Volume License. Could not upgrade to Windows 8.1. Later installed Linux Mint OS alongside the Windows 8.0 OS. Now I ideally want to remove Windows 8.0 and replace with Windows 10 Home whist retaining Linux Mint...
  6. How do i install Windows 10 on a laptop that's running linux mint (dual boot)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i install Windows 10 on a laptop that's running linux mint (dual boot)?: My laptops hard drive is 100% dedicated for linux mint since its the only OS in this laptop. I'm trying to install Windows 10 while keeping my personal files on linux intact - and be able to dual boot both operating systems. i dont know if i can allocate HDD space while...
  7. my laptop is lenovo ideapad 310 15ikb, how to install windows OS...?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my laptop is lenovo ideapad 310 15ikb, how to install windows OS...?: hi, i am using Lenovo ideapad , i have some quarries regarding windows OS installation, 1 It is better to migrate Windows OS to new SSD after Factory data reset Or should i fresh install windows OS..? 2 I tried Lenovo recovery media but it failed due to Mcoffe so i want...
  8. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint: So I have downloaded the Windows 10 Installation ISO and was planning on installing Windows 10, I've mounted the ISO and ran the setup with WINE and it opened up normally , but when I click 'Install now' a error pop-up shows up telling me: 'Windows cannot find a location...
  9. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10: I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-removing-linux-mint-and-installing-windows-10/791c4fb4-668e-406b-bccd-9d70bcbb41f0
  10. How to install and run Windows 10 on Linux Mint

How to install and run Windows 10 on Linux Mint: I am trying to download and run Windows 10 instead of my current operating system Linux Mint. I bought windows 10 and proceeded to download the .iso file. I wrote the .iso file onto a FAT32 flashdrive but it won't install or run. Nothing but Linux programs show up in the...