Windows 10: Install Windows 10 on new build pc without disk drive

Discus and support Install Windows 10 on new build pc without disk drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my son and I have built a pc as a project during COVID-19. We are absolute beginners. When I purchased the Windows 10 OS, it came in the form... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoanneSweeney50, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Install Windows 10 on new build pc without disk drive

Hello, my son and I have built a pc as a project during COVID-19. We are absolute beginners. When I purchased the Windows 10 OS, it came in the form of a disk, but we have no disk drive on the newly built pc or my own laptop. I also don't have a USB with 8GB, so don't know how we can install the OS. Can anyone help?!

Thank you,

Joanne and Connor

:)

JoanneSweeney50, Apr 15, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 16, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Install Windows 10 on new build pc without disk drive

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

Building new new PC. I've got a Windows 10 disk but no DVD drive in the new build.

Can i just copy the files from the Windows 10 disk to a clean flash drive and then boot from usb?

If i have to go though a lot hoopla i'll just hook up a temp drive to the mobo from the outside.

metalfiber, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Install Windows 10 on new build pc without disk drive

1. Install Windows 10 on new build pc without disk drive - Similar Threads - Install build without

2. Windows 10 installation and drive formatting on new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation and drive formatting on new PC build: Doing first PC build installing windows 10 by USB onto an nvme m2 if I boot from the USB how do I format and install on the m2 and do I format my other drive from within windows, Only changed components on old PC's with an OS already installed so never done from scratch...
  3. Windows 10 installation and drive formatting on new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation and drive formatting on new PC build: Doing first PC build installing windows 10 by USB onto an nvme m2 if I boot from the USB how do I format and install on the m2 and do I format my other drive from within windows, Only changed components on old PC's with an OS already installed so never done from scratch...
  4. Windows 10 installation and drive formatting on new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to install windows to new drive without usb or disk?

how to install windows to new drive without usb or disk?: I am currently have the wrong version of windows installed on my hard drive I just got a new dive and want to make it my main drive how would I install windows on the new dive and make it my main without the need for a usb or install disk....
  6. installing Windows 10 on a new PC build

installing Windows 10 on a new PC build: I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my new PC build. I have re-prioritized the boot preferences to the USB key, and when I try to install the 64 bit installation it says loading files, but then it freezes on the blue window pane. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. How to install a Win 10 from a disk without a disk drive on a new PC

How to install a Win 10 from a disk without a disk drive on a new PC: Hello, I just built a new PC but it doesnt have a disk drive and my Win 10 is on a disk. Please help. Thank you, Noam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-win-10-from-a-disk-without-a-disk/4f06fadb-a7b8-4cb9-a5f6-fec7560d9b8f
  8. Windows 10 wont install on new PC build

Windows 10 wont install on new PC build: Hi, i recently built a new pc with a msi b450m pro vdh max motherboard. When i try install windows 10 64bit from my usb to the pc it gives me a yellow/orange screen with white vertical lines but when i press enter it flickers between the windows logo and the orange screen,...
  9. Installing Windows 10 on a new PC build

Installing Windows 10 on a new PC build: I recently built a new gaming computer and I am trying to install windows 10, but I'm running into a number of issues. All these issues combined have prevented me for getting windows installed. Windows not finding my HDD (Western Digital Blue 1TB) - I was able to solve...
  10. New Hard drive-Install OS without disk

New Hard drive-Install OS without disk: My husband's laptop needed a new hard drive. We bought the laptop refurbished and it didn't come with the Windows 10 disks. We do not have a back up copy. What can I do to reinstall Windows 10? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 on new build pc