Windows 10: Install windows 10 on second hard drive

Discus and support Install windows 10 on second hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I have a digital key on my hard drive will it let me install windows 10 to my second hard drive or back-up hard drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeRodak1, May 1, 2021.

1. Install windows 10 on second hard drive

If I have a digital key on my hard drive will it let me install windows 10 to my second hard drive or back-up hard drive?

:)

GeorgeRodak1, May 1, 2021
  2. little cat, May 1, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 1, 2021
  4. Install windows 10 on second hard drive

Windows 10 installation does not recognize second hard drive

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to detect the second hard drive on your computer after upgrading to Windows 10.

If your computer was able to recognize the second hard disk before Windows 10 upgrade, there are chances of your current hard disk drives being incompatible with the upgraded operating system.

Update the disk drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Disk drives, right click on the second hard disk and select
      Update driver software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Install windows 10 on second hard drive

1. Install windows 10 on second hard drive - Similar Threads - Install second hard

2. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install windows 10 on second hard drive in same pc with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 on second hard drive in same pc with windows 10: Disk management has formatted my second disk now I need to download window 10 which is what I have on Disk one how do I do this Thank You....
  6. No internet on second hard drive after Windows 10 pro install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet on second hard drive after Windows 10 pro install: Please help.I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 pro on a second hard drive.Once the install was complete I had no internet service on this hard drive despite still having internet service on my primary drive in the same computer.When installing Windows 10 pro I was asked...
  7. Installing second hard drive without formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing second hard drive without formatting: First of all do not try this unless you are willing to loose all your data PERIOD!. Purchase a 2TB or 4TB external HDD USB 3.0 and back all your stuff up. I have an 8 year old laptop. When it was new Dell site had 14+ drivers for this system available for download. I...
  8. How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard drive: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you wish to install Windows 10 on a second SSD or Hard Drive, it is possible to do so. There are multiple reasons to do so. You may want to test out an unreleased version of Windows 10, or [...] This post How to install Windows 10 on second SSD or Hard...
  9. Create a bootable Windows 10 installer on the second hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a bootable Windows 10 installer on the second hard drive: Hello! I've been messing with my laptop for hours now and still doesn't work so here's my problem... I have new m.2 SSD which I will use to replace my existing SSD on my laptop. Now I want to install an image of my OS on my new SSD but my problem was I don't have a working...
  10. install second hard drive hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...