Windows 10: Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user

Discus and support Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; On Windows 10 and Windows 11, you will be forced to log in the machine with a Microsoft Account. There is a way to bypass this and use only a local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Noel New Member

Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user

On Windows 10 and Windows 11, you will be forced to log in the machine with a Microsoft Account. There is a way to bypass this and use only a local account without having to create a Microsoft Account to set it up.

Once you get to this screen, press Shift and F10 Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user windows11login.png

This will open a Command Prompt. Enter ipconfig /release and press the Enter key. This will release the IP address and disconnect the computer from the internet.

Close the Command Prompt window. Go back from the arrow on the top left and you will be asked to create a local user.

Like this you will not be forced to log in with a Microsoft Account.

(0)

read more...

Noel, Mar 1, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 1, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2023
  4. Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user

1. Install Windows 10 or 11 with a local user - Similar Threads - Install local user

2. Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.: What are the differences between the Administrator and Advance User groups?I cannot find any information about the "Advanced User" group in the Microsoft documentation.What privileges does a user added to this group have?...
  3. Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.: What are the differences between the Administrator and Advance User groups?I cannot find any information about the "Advanced User" group in the Microsoft documentation.What privileges does a user added to this group have?...
  4. Local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local users: I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-users/be14c01f-d712-4170-9943-dea67bfeceab
  5. Local users

Local users: I was trying to find the super admin account i saw on youtube and i went to check computer management it is not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-users/be14c01f-d712-4170-9943-dea67bfeceab
  6. Local user cannot access files in Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user cannot access files in Window 11: New Laptop Dell Inspiron 16 Windows 11. Migrated all data from old to new laptop. Created Admin account and two 2 local user accounts. Admin acct and 1 of the local users can see all files. The other local user cannot! Have gone into File Explorer to select view all hidden...
  7. Local user cannot access files in Window 11

Local user cannot access files in Window 11: New Laptop Dell Inspiron 16 Windows 11. Migrated all data from old to new laptop. Created Admin account and two 2 local user accounts. Admin acct and 1 of the local users can see all files. The other local user cannot! Have gone into File Explorer to select view all hidden...
  8. Switching an existing user in a Windows 10 PC to a local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching an existing user in a Windows 10 PC to a local user: Hi, A long time ago my brother logged into my mom's laptop with his Xbox account. The account is now logged into the user as a Microsoft account. I tried to find a way to log out of the account and switch the already existing user into a local user, but no success. -I...
  9. Initital Installation with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initital Installation with Local User Account: When running a new computer for the first time today (an HP Desktop) it was impossible to set up Windows 10 initially with a local user account. The option simply wasn't there. There was a help item that said, in effect, you have to use a Microsoft account and then can...
  10. Local user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local user: Hello, I made local user with out microsoft acount, but when I stert comouter I can find local user profile. Only admin profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/local-user/4301e4ab-35a0-4b97-bae0-9b1efb10a9a3"