Windows 10: Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit

Discus and support Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I work for a small non-profit 501c3 community television station. We purchased a volume license key for Windows 10 Pro, and have been trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dale Jay Dennis, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit

Hello,

I work for a small non-profit 501c3 community television station. We purchased a volume license key for Windows 10 Pro, and have been trying to upgrade some laptops we purchased last year with Windows 10 Pro. They currently have Windows 10 Home. I have downloaded the upgrade image onto a flash drive. I was successful in upgrading an older laptop that was running Windows 8.2, but the newer laptops with Windows 10 Home stay with that version of Windows 10 no matter what I seem to do. How do I activate Windows 10 Pro using our VLK?

Thank you.

Dale

:)

Dale Jay Dennis, Mar 14, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit

1. Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit - Similar Threads - Install Pro Home

2. Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit: I work for a nonprofit organization. We have a volume license for Windows 10 Pro. We just bought a new computer for an employee that came with Windows Home on it. How can I upgrade to Pro using our volume license?...
  3. Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.: I have windows 10 home installed on my PC. It has failed to update numerous times in the past year, which only recently came to my attention. I purchased Windows 10 Pro and downloaded it, but when I go to install it, using the .exe, I get error code 0xc000409, or code...
  4. Two Windows 10 Pro machines downgraded themselves to Home.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two Windows 10 Pro machines downgraded themselves to Home.: On my recent new build I successfully installed Windows 10 Pro. Today I noticed that windows seems to have downgraded itself from Pro to Home. I checked my Microsoft account and there it shows the version as Home as well. I checked the other PC in our household that was Pro...
  5. Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine

Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, Every time I try to install it gets to the end and errors out and I get the following: 0x800707E7 0x3000D First Boot Phase error during migrate data...
  6. UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10 HOME: II GET A MESSAGE SAYING GO TO SETTINGS ACTIVATE WINDOWS. I GO THERE AND THERES DATES CHECKED I CANT TAKE OF THEN IT TAKES ME TO TROUBLE SHOOT AND SAYS YOU HAVE WINDOWS PRO AND WITH A DIGITAL NUMBER I NEED WINDOWS 10 HOME THE PROBLEM IS WHEREVER IT TAKES ME I FIND NO...
  7. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  8. Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine

Apply Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade on Replacement Machine: Hi, Our CEO's Surface Pro was replaced under warranty. The original surface was licensed with Windows 10 Home, which we upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Settings->System->About->Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows. Prior to shipping the system for replacement,...
  9. Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC)

Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC): I am a volunteer for a nonprofit. I have completed to process of verifying their 501c(3) status. I have access to techsoup and MS Vlsc and have them setup with O365 online. They recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 home. I would like to upgrade it to windows...
  10. Windows 10 installs as Home on an 8.1 Pro machine. How to fix?????

Windows 10 installs as Home on an 8.1 Pro machine. How to fix?????: My laptop was running 8.1 Pro. Did all the normal stuff to reserve 10, etc. It showed up in Windows Updates on the 29th, so I installed it. Installation went fine, except Windows 10 came up as the Home edition, not Pro!!!!!! Any idea if I can fix it? I talked to someone...