Windows 10: install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air

Discus and support install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, My MacBook Air is mid 2013 (6,1). I upgrade the OS to 10.14.6 and then tried to install a Windows 10 through the book camp assistant. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Felix Tong, Oct 4, 2019.

1. install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air

Hi all,

My MacBook Air is mid 2013 (6,1). I upgrade the OS to 10.14.6 and then tried to install a Windows 10 through the book camp assistant. After several steps until EFI started, it kept on restarting and could not continue the installation. The stop code is "critical process died". I tried all options suggested in the support page "https://www.windows.com/stopcode" but none works.

Anyone has the same experience and any solution please?

Best regards,

Felix

:)

Felix Tong, Oct 4, 2019

2. Installing windows 10 on macbook air problem

Hi Dimitri,

The above issue might occur due to incomplete or improper installation of Windows 10 on the device.

Before we assist further, are you installing Windows 10 on MacBook with Boot Camp?

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 when used with a supported Mac.

Refer to the link below on Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp and check if it helps:

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant

Write to us with the status of installing Windows 10 on MacBook Air on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 4, 2019
  4. install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air

Can't Upgrade Win7.1 to Win10 with Boot Camp on MacBook Air

Hi NelloLucchesi,

I realize that you can't upgrade Win7.1 to Win10 with Boot Camp on MacBook Air. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps. Hard disk space: 16 GB free space for 32-bit OS or 20 GB free space for 64-bit OS in the Windows Folder.

How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file:
    How to: Upgrade from Previous Versions of Windows Using Windows 10 ISO file

Articles for reference.

Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp: Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant

How to: Setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp: How to: Setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air

1. install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air - Similar Threads - install boot camp

2. AirPods do not work with Windows installed on Macbook via Boot Camp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods do not work with Windows installed on Macbook via Boot Camp: Windows is installed on a Macbook Pro via Boot Camp.AirPods connect without problems. But the sound is not clear: hissing and screeching is heard.Latest drivers installed.What can I do to fix it?...
  3. AirPods do not work with Windows installed on Macbook via Boot Camp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AirPods do not work with Windows installed on Macbook via Boot Camp: Windows is installed on a Macbook Pro via Boot Camp.AirPods connect without problems. But the sound is not clear: hissing and screeching is heard.Latest drivers installed.What can I do to fix it?...
  4. AirPods do not work with Windows installed on Macbook via Boot Camp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 on MacBook Air? (Bootcamp)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on MacBook Air? (Bootcamp): Thinking of getting MacBook Air but running Windows 10. Anyone have experience? Just want to know if there are any issues I just love the apple hardware and look but want to run WINDOWS OS for school submitted by /u/fresean [link] [comments]...
  6. Bluetooth not working with MacBook on windows 10 boot camp

Bluetooth not working with MacBook on windows 10 boot camp: [IMG]So recently got a new 2020 macbook pro the 13” model and got windows 10 on it through bootcamp because I wanted to play some steam games. My problem arises when i want to connect my xbox one s controller to it and it wont appear on my laptop. I assumed it just took a...
  7. install windows 10 pro for oem on MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    install windows 10 pro for oem on MacBook Air: can I install windows 10 pro for oem on MacBook Air? and activate the license on it....?? thanks in advance... Saddam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-pro-for-oem-on-macbook-air/20f71636-6a73-477b-a08e-b8ce0d40dd9e
  8. MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MacBook Air: I bought a MacBook Air and can't use it : Can I run windows 10 on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-air/9d569883-c8f6-47ab-9ce5-ba68a576d7e5"
  9. Free download / install Windows 10 for MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free download / install Windows 10 for MacBook Air: Hi, I understand from Internet that MacBook users can able to download windows 10 FREE from Microsoft website (previously no license being purchased), is that true? if so, could you please advice how it can be done??...
  10. Windows on Macbook Air

Windows on Macbook Air: I installed & purchased Windows 10 Home on my 2018 MacBook air. Is there a way to use Touch ID to log into accounts or use as a security feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-macbook-air/05b688ee-73a2-4f38-adc9-21753ff19901