Windows 10: Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

Discus and support Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello: When setting up any PC, I set it up using a local account instead of using the other options e-mail, phone, Skype, etc.. I have a new PC with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisReed2, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

Hello:

When setting up any PC, I set it up using a local account instead of using the other options e-mail, phone, Skype, etc.. I have a new PC with Windows 10 on it. I booted it up and selected my normal options including connecting to a local wifi network. Then I got to the "Sign in with Microsoft" screen. In the past, you could select some options to get to use the PC with a local account. However, this screen looks different with those options now being gone. Searching around online, the only solution I have found is to not select a wifi network and continue offline. However, since I was past this stage and could not go back, my only option seemed to be to reboot the PC. While the PC did start me at the first step again, it unfortunately skipped the option of allowing me to select a wifi network or continuing offline. Thus, I am seeking any possible solutions to allowing me to use this PC with only a local account.

Thanks for your time and input.

Chris

:)

ChrisReed2, Jan 10, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

1. Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Install Microsoft account

2. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  3. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...
  4. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  6. Windows 10 activation w/o internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation w/o internet: How do I activate win 10 without internet. Is there a phone number? I have the product key. Bought the PC from someone else, had to reset it. Don't have internet available. Thanks!...
  7. Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dad needs administrative account on son's laptop w/o Microsoft account: Hello, My son is the lone user of his laptop. It runs Windows 10 v1909. We are finding he is staying up too late and this results in a dysfunctional day after. I have my router locked down against viewing inappropriate content so I am not concerned about this issue. I need...
  8. Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 on a new system w/o DVD: I have a bit of a screw up that I'm trying to resolve. I'm remotely trying to help my grandson build a PC (remote due to COVID). He has ordered all the components including a Win 10 64 Home DVD. Now that we are getting into the detail, I see that the PC case he has ordered...
  9. Reactivating Windows 10 w/o Microsoft Account - Orignial Windows Key from W8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 w/o Microsoft Account - Orignial Windows Key from W8: Hi. I think I have a rather complicated question. I'm PC just broke down some days ago. So I had to buy new motherboard, CPU och RAM-sticks. I have the same SSD, with the same Windows-installation on it, though it now says that I have to active my Windows 10. The problem is...
  10. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...