Windows 10: Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode

Discus and support Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi currently windows 10 is installed with UEFI mode in my ASUS notebook. the harddisk is in GPT partitioning style. so when i turn on my notebook, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by simoom, Apr 21, 2016.

1. simoom Win User

Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode

hi
    currently windows 10 is installed with UEFI mode in my ASUS notebook. the harddisk is in GPT partitioning style. so when i turn on my notebook, i am getting ASUS logo while booting up instead of the blue coloured windows logo.

Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode [​IMG]

(this pic is not from my notebook. but its something like this. the windows logo is repaced by
    Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode [​IMG]
    logo)

i want to make a clean installation of windows to bring back the windows logo while booting up.

just learned that the UEFI system causes the disappearance of the windows logo.

how can i make a clean installation of windows with Bios Legacy mode?

thanks

:)

simoom, Apr 21, 2016

2. About legacy hardware in windows 10

HI,my question is,how can I check if my laptop have legacy hardware install,my laptop is in windows 10 pro,my BIOS is a legacy mode,is any relation bios and hardware? thanks apreciate any answer

HectorEdenburg, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 DVD Clean Install Stuck at 'Getting Ready' Message

Hello! Thank you for your response.

I gave up, and changed boot mode to legacy just to test if that was the problem, and it was indeed.

I was able to install windows 10 in legacy mode without any problem.

I didn't know that once you install windows in legacy mode, you can change back to uefi mode, and windows will still boot.

Ok, summary of what i did:

• Change boot mode to "legacy mode"

• Install windows 10

• Once windows is installed and logged in for the firs time, restart, and change BIOS boot mode to UEFI.
    With this windows 10 is installed, and one can proceed to install the linux side.

Thank you very much!

Luis Arturo Guerra García, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Go in the Bios under Boot Menu and look for Boot Logo Display and set to disable and see if that helps.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 21, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    If I understand you, your issue is you get the wrong boot logo but you still boot ok.

I have to say it is really dumb to do a legacy bios install over a UEFI install JUST to change the boot logo if that is even possible,

You restrict the number of primary partitions to 4, making future dual booting etc difficult.

You limit OS drive to mbr meaning max OS drive size is 2 TB if you ever decide to put a high capacity one in.

You are less secure as you cannot run secure boot.

Fast boot may not work etc.

Legacy bios is not termed 'legacy' for no reason.

My advice is just live with the logo and leave well alone.

cereberus, Apr 21, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    I would have to agree with the above statement...

If you see an OEM logo while PC boots - it is booting via UEFI
    If you see a WINDOWS logo while the PC boots - it is booting via MBR

7. Phone Man Win User
    My two ASUS systems and my Lenovo Laptop are booting UEFI and I get the Windows Logo.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 22, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

you are getting a > 4pane blue window < windows logo

9. Kyhi Win User
    that was susposed to be a question..

Maybe things have since changed...

UEFI - I get a DELL logo
    MBR - I get a WINDOWS logo

Are you Dual Booting ???

10. Phone Man Win User
    I get the 4 blue panes. My 2 ASUS desktops are home built and set up with UEFI. My 1st W10 upgrade was MBR and also got the 4 blue panes. After 1511 was released I did a clean install using UEFI. My Lenovo Laptop is also a clean install with UEFI.

I assume Dell does things different and controls the Logo. All my systems are clean installs of W10 so no OEM crap to deal with.
    The ASUS logo is available in the Bios and I have it turned off so I can see the post results when booting.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 22, 2016
  11. My ASUS laptop shows the logo the OP posted. It has UEFI BIOS. My two ASUS desktop motherboards have legacy BIOS and show the Windows LOGO. As far as I know, the BIOS option for "show full screen logo" does not affect that. On my desktop motherboards it just shows a separate full screen picture before the Windows logo shows up on screen. My laptop doesn't have that BIOS option.

Whether you get the OEM Logo or not may depend on where it gets it from? Is it actually stored in the UEFI firmware? If yes, maybe Phone Man's BIOS doesn't have it so it defaults to the Windows logo found on the install media.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode - Similar Threads - Install BIOS Legacy

2. Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY: Hi,I've tried a lot of things like in this video How to Enter the BIOS / UEFI on Windows 11, even upgraded the BIOS, but nothing works. Currently, I'm using win11PRO as operating system.The laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 X512DK.Do you have other ideas? I want to access the...
  3. Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY: Hi,I've tried a lot of things like in this video How to Enter the BIOS / UEFI on Windows 11, even upgraded the BIOS, but nothing works. Currently, I'm using win11PRO as operating system.The laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 X512DK.Do you have other ideas? I want to access the...
  4. install windows in legacy mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install windows in legacy mode.: Hey, i had installed windows 64 bit in my pc and now i wanna go reinstall 32 bit windows. i had installed windows in a whole drifferant boot mode "windows 10 64-bit" was its name and then after that in the bios a new "others" uefi mode had the same windows as the one in...
  5. legacy bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  6. New Windows installation shows legacy bios mode when motherboard bios says UEFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows installation shows legacy bios mode when motherboard bios says UEFI: As the title states, I've just noticed this problem after attempting to enable Ultra Fast Boot on my Asrock B550m Steel Legend. I attempted to use the windows boot to UEFI feature and noticed it wasn't listed. Any ideas on why windows would install with legacy boot mode? What...
  7. Cant access BIOS in Legacy mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access BIOS in Legacy mode: So last weekend I was trying to install Tails OS on a usb so I can play around on the dark web. Before when I could get to my bios I mistakenly changed it to legacy mode. Now nothing I seem to try wont let me access the bios. Here are a few thing I've tried so far. -Using...
  8. Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  9. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  10. Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10: Hey guys, First off apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums. Long story short I recently bought a new Graphics card, hardware install is fine, windows and Radeon settings recognise it's installed however I need to set my PC to use my new GPU as opposed to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 legacy mode

2. legacy mode of installing windows setup

3. w10 october legacy bios

4. windows 10 installed on legacy mode