Windows 10: Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

Discus and support Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to install windows 10 in my Asus X441N which has no lagacy boot option so I had to install it in UEFI mode. In the setup I selected an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mahmud Nabil, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

I was trying to install windows 10 in my Asus X441N which has no lagacy boot option so I had to install it in UEFI mode. In the setup I selected an unalocated space of 100GiB and pressed next and it created three partition Windows, System, Recovery then complained about the boot order of the partitions it just created itself : why it would do that?. I choosed to continue ignoring the complain then the instalation started and a window popped up showing error that it detected the EFI partitionThe System partition it just created in the previous step was NTFS not FAT32. I searched in the internet for the problem, and found answers like -

• Delete all the partiions in your harddisk
    • Rename the EFI folder in the bootable usb to NoEFI or something else
    • format the System partition to fat32 using diskpart I don't know when

I can't delete all the partitions and the other two didn't worked.

Then I tried to install it mannuallyApply the images with dism with the help of this documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...stem-and-recovery-partitions#apply-the-images. Well I didn't followed every steps in there. I've created the partitions using KDE partitioner, ignoring the recommended orderdidn't find any -

• System partition of 116 MB - fat32
    • Recovery partition of 450 MB - ntfs
    • Windows and Data partition of 100GiB - ntfs

Then just followed the steps of the above mentioned documentation from the the cmd of the bootable usb.

I'm pretty sure I used the correct drive letters during these steps then rebooted. In the OOBE it showed that Windows setup was unable to configure windows in this hardware.

So, Can someone help me to "Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk" by any method?

:)

Mahmud Nabil, Mar 14, 2020
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk. boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Mar 14, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and install

I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS

But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and suddenly it says i windows cannot install in that partition, if you know what i mean

I mean i delete the C-Drive then make C-Drive partition again ( i have other 2 partitions without C-Drive and they have Important Data which are not saved+ i don't want to delete those partitions for installing Windows) and it don't take that partition to
    install Windows, so then i had no other way but formatting Whole Harddisk and make partition again

All my non-backuped data gone

How to get rid of it ?

How can i perform installing Windows without losing my data or breaking other partitions ?

i have a bootable USB with FAT32 format

and in BIOS, 2 options came UEFI(USB) or Normal USB, what do i choose

Please someone help

Tanveer Raihan, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

1. Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk. - Similar Threads - Install without deleting

2. deleting all other previous windows installations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting all other previous windows installations.: so my pc did something verry weird and i had to re download windows 11 and all of my other files and stuff from my old account remain on my m.2 drive but they are not showing up on the windows home screen what i mean is for example i had steam and a background and now they...
  3. deleting all other previous windows installations.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting all other previous windows installations.: so my pc did something verry weird and i had to re download windows 11 and all of my other files and stuff from my old account remain on my m.2 drive but they are not showing up on the windows home screen what i mean is for example i had steam and a background and now they...
  4. Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't remove/delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (D:): I've encountered an issue where I'm trying to delete harddisk 0 Partition 2 (a.k.a D: (not the system disk)) I've checked so no pagefile, crashdump, hibernation file, are located there. I've also checked that the system protection on that drive is disabled. I've tried to...
  5. Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install: Hi, When click "custom" during Win 10 clean install via usb drive Window media creation tool download, I still end up with the main c drive that I can't delete, because it's greyed out, as well as the recovery partition that came with my laptop (that I also can not delete...
  6. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...: I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and suddenly it says i windows cannot install in that partition, if you know what i mean I mean i delete the C-Drive then make...
  7. Delete Previous Windows Installation(s)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete Previous Windows Installation(s): I have eliminate the Previous Windows Installation(s) for have more space on me SSD,but the problem is was show me 30GB will be free,but after the action end and finish to clean the C was only whit 10GB more....Any 1 can tell me why have give me only 10 and not 30GB ? Sorry...
  8. Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10

Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10: I have a top spec HP Envy DV6 i7 laptop which had Windows 7 on it then upgraded to windows 8 then Windows 10. I have noticed that recently the machine has become really sluggish and Cortana is not working not matter what I try. I have decided to clean install Windows 10...
  9. Deleting previous windows partition

Deleting previous windows partition: Hi, I just upgraded my laptop from windows 8 to win 10. The free upgrade of course did not delete my files from window 8 so I went ahead and installed windows 10 on to my USB and booted from it for a clean install. While installing win 10 however I managed to do it on my C...
  10. Is it necessary to delete all partitions to recover Windows 10?

Is it necessary to delete all partitions to recover Windows 10?: So I just got my new Acer laptop back from the service center. I installed Bluestacks yesterday, rebooted, and Windows refused to boot. So I took it to the service center. The guy at the counter said he'll have to reinstall Windows and my files will be deleted. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Install Windows without deleting partition