Windows 10: Install Windows 10 without losing data

Discus and support Install Windows 10 without losing data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, on friday our customers laptop Asus, Windows 10 couldn't start properly. That was the error message. After a few restarts it booted into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by {Jeremy}, Mar 15, 2021.

1. {Jeremy} Win User

Install Windows 10 without losing data

Hello there,

on friday our customers laptop Asus, Windows 10 couldn't start properly. That was the error message. After a few restarts it booted into the uefi directly. But we can't wipe the device and do a fresh install, because there's data that need to be recovered. So what we tried so far:

1. Disabled Fast Startup
    2. Tried to access Windows Recovery Environment unsuccessful
    3. Created a bootable USB flash drive using the Media Creation Tool:
      1. Booted the flash drive and tried every recovery option, nothing worked
      2. Tried to reinstall Windows on the same drive as the broken WIndows, then we got the error "on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt disks"

So I said that he shouldn't have that much hope to recover his files. Is there anything else we can do?

Thanks in advance!

:)

{Jeremy}, Mar 15, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 15, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Install Windows 10 without losing data - Similar Threads - Install without losing

2. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  3. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  4. How to install windows 11 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 11 without losing data?: Microsoft recently released windows 11, I really like it, like a lotSo I wanted to install but I have no experience like installing a OS.I also found out that if you install any OS, You will lose all your data, Any help?...
  5. How to install windows 11 without losing data?

How to install windows 11 without losing data?: Microsoft recently released windows 11, I really like it, like a lotSo I wanted to install but I have no experience like installing a OS.I also found out that if you install any OS, You will lose all your data, Any help?...
  6. How to install windows 11 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  8. Reinstall Windows without losing data

Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  9. Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.: Can I migrate/fresh install Windows in my nvme SSD without losing data in my hdd. 1tb hdd is almost full and it isn't partitioned (was a bit lazy for that). It's laptop. submitted by /u/physicar [link] [comments]...
  10. Reset windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows 10 without losing data: Can i reset windows 10 without losing personal data and apps?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-data/9f42eba2-29d3-4dd1-8aea-d11ab71794ed