Windows 10: Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key?

Discus and support Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I will receive a new computer tomorrow. The PC is a self-build so the install will be a totally clean install.Can I Install Windows 11 with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pöykkö, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Pöykkö Win User

Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key?

Hi!I will receive a new computer tomorrow. The PC is a self-build so the install will be a totally clean install.Can I Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key? My Win10 Home key is an original key from Microsoft.Thank You!

:)

Pöykkö, Sep 29, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 29, 2022
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Kursah Win User

windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key? - Similar Threads - Install Home Retail

2. CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key: I had a Windows 10 pro retail key and upgraded it to windows 11. It upgraded to a windows 11 pro digital license key. I reformatted the HD and got rid of that pc. I tried to apply that key to another pc with a windows 11 home digital key and it failed. Do I need to reinstall...
  3. CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key: I had a Windows 10 pro retail key and upgraded it to windows 11. It upgraded to a windows 11 pro digital license key. I reformatted the HD and got rid of that pc. I tried to apply that key to another pc with a windows 11 home digital key and it failed. Do I need to reinstall...
  4. Windows 10 RETAIL Key

Windows 10 RETAIL Key: Dear Concern and Reader,First of all, I hope whoever is reading this finds you well and in the best of health. Now, I have a question and hoping someone directly from Microsoft would reply or anybody who knows about RETAIL keys of Windows and software. I purchased Windows 10...
  5. Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?: Hi Everyone,I'm thinking of repurposing my old Windows 10 & 7 PC for my sister, whose laptop is slowly dying, as a Christmas present.This will involve some hardware replacement, Motherboard, CPU and RAM but my question concerns the installation of Windows 11.This PC was...
  6. Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?

Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?: Hi Everyone,I'm thinking of repurposing my old Windows 10 & 7 PC for my sister, whose laptop is slowly dying, as a Christmas present.This will involve some hardware replacement, Motherboard, CPU and RAM but my question concerns the installation of Windows 11.This PC was...
  7. Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key?

Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key?: Hi!I will receive a new computer tomorrow. The PC is a self-build so the install will be a totally clean install.Can I Install Windows 11 with Windows Home 10 Retail key? My Win10 Home key is an original key from Microsoft.Thank You!...
  8. Windows 10 Retail Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Key: Hello i have one question i buy a key Windows 10 pro Retail version but now i want to format my computer i have to unistall the product key from the cmd and after format with my usb? i download the media creation tool and put the windows inside or i just have to format...
  9. Windows 10 Retail Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Key: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  10. windows 10 home premium retail version key required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 home premium retail version key required?: I downloaded and burnt the win 10 installation iso file to dvd, if I want to make it like my win 8.1 retail disc do I need to purchase a retail key, for the windows 10? If so how do I go about it? Thanks! *Smile 11233