Windows 10: Install Windows 7 Backup on Windows 10 HP All-in-One?

Discus and support Install Windows 7 Backup on Windows 10 HP All-in-One? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I backed up my previous Windows 7 laptop, then bought the HP...my expectation was that I would be able to download that backup to the new HP, however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanKoser1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DanKoser1 Win User

Install Windows 7 Backup on Windows 10 HP All-in-One?

I backed up my previous Windows 7 laptop, then bought the HP...my expectation was that I would be able to download that backup to the new HP, however, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

DanKoser1, Aug 2, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

I am looking for a good backup program for Windows 7 Pro (64 bit). I recently upgraded from Windows XP Pro SP3. On that OS, I used HP SimpleSave software for my backups. HP SimpleSave did one full backup the first time I installed it, and after that, it would backup changed files every time my computer was idle for 5 minutes. And as this article notes, "The backup is simply the duplicate of the original files, making restoring very fast and easy." I liked HP SimpleSave's simplicity.

I doubt that HP SimpleSave is natively compatible with Windows 7 -- and even if it is, I'm not even sure where to get it (except from the original external hard drive).

Do you know of good, reliable backup software for Windows 7? I'm particularly looking for software that will backup modified files every time my computer is idle for a certain length of time. Sort of a pseudo-continuous incremental backup or a pseudo-continuous file synchronization, I guess.

I'm looking to backup my personal data files, not the Windows installation. I'd like to be able to specify the particular drives/partitions/directories where those personal data files reside.

Thanks so much for your time.

classic35mm, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Cartel Win User

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

If you have a Seagate Harddrive, you can burn this iso and boot from it.
    Free Acronis.
    http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/ac3P8SrP/file.html
    MD5 566f877338eafbeb1beb16d549955b1b

Cartel, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Install Windows 7 Backup on Windows 10 HP All-in-One? - Similar Threads - Install Backup

2. I was moving backup data from one PC to another but the new PC will not let me install it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was moving backup data from one PC to another but the new PC will not let me install it.: Hi, I need help, please? I was backing up my Windows 10 with the Windows system image. I was moving backup data from one PC to another to my horror the new PC will not let me install it. One it keeps saying it was downloaded with a PC using bios and this PC is using EFI....
  3. I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...: Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-hdd-to-a-ssd-but-technician-crashed-my/2eb695e0-47cb-4d22-9970-30e2ed318260
  4. I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded hDd to a ssd, But technician crashed my windows without any backup and install a...: Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-hdd-to-a-ssd-but-technician-crashed-my/2eb695e0-47cb-4d22-9970-30e2ed318260
  5. installed windows 11 backup yesterday. got message partially complete. don't know how to...

installed windows 11 backup yesterday. got message partially complete. don't know how to...: installed windows 11 backup yesterday. got message partially complete. don't know how to recover the actual message to post. It appears that I have a problem getting the syncing to finish....
  6. installed windows 11 backup yesterday. got message partially complete. don't know how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installed windows 11 backup yesterday. got message partially complete. don't know how to...: installed windows 11 backup yesterday. got message partially complete. don't know how to recover the actual message to post. It appears that I have a problem getting the syncing to finish....
  7. How do I stop OneDrive Auto Backup, when I don't have OneDrive Installed on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop OneDrive Auto Backup, when I don't have OneDrive Installed on my computer: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11. Ever since then I get messages telling my storage is low. The majority of what is taking up my computer space is an OneDrive Auto Backup folder. I do not OneDrive installed on my computer, and I do not want an Auto Backup to be...
  8. How do I stop OneDrive Auto Backup, when I don't have OneDrive Installed on my computer

How do I stop OneDrive Auto Backup, when I don't have OneDrive Installed on my computer: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11. Ever since then I get messages telling my storage is low. The majority of what is taking up my computer space is an OneDrive Auto Backup folder. I do not OneDrive installed on my computer, and I do not want an Auto Backup to be...
  9. Can I use System Image backup from one laptop that have been setup & installed with default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use System Image backup from one laptop that have been setup & installed with default...: Hi All,I'm planning to create image from one laptop that have been setup & installed with default company program like Office 365 etc as a template, and I will use that image for copy to other future new laptop -- this will really help me for saving time than starting update...
  10. Can I use System Image backup from one laptop that have been setup & installed with default...

Can I use System Image backup from one laptop that have been setup & installed with default...: Hi All,I'm planning to create image from one laptop that have been setup & installed with default company program like Office 365 etc as a template, and I will use that image for copy to other future new laptop -- this will really help me for saving time than starting update...