Windows 10: Install windows alongside linux

Discus and support Install windows alongside linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I bought a Dell laptop in 2015 with Windows 8.1 preinstalled. I updated it to Windows 10 later that year, and was using that ever since. Last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anirban Ray, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Install windows alongside linux

Hi!

I bought a Dell laptop in 2015 with Windows 8.1 preinstalled. I updated it to Windows 10 later that year, and was using that ever since.

Last Friday, I updated it to Windows 10 version 2004. I did it from Windows update directly, didn't do any manual installation. That succeeded and everything was appearing normal. But on Saturday night, it began to restart multiple times. After 5-6 times, I forcefully shut it down by holding the power button and left it.

Then on yesterday Sunday, I failed to turn it on. It immediately goes to the recovery page, saying something is wrong with boot. I tried to use recovery drive, but that didn't solve the issue. Rather, afterwards BIOS failed to recognise Windows boot manager completely.

Using another laptop, I created a bootable USB using Ventoy and installed Manjaro Linux on my laptop. It's working fine so far, but I wish to get back to Windows. I downloaded the Windows 10 version 2004 English International 64 bit ISO, and then I'm having the following doubts:

1. Will it recognise the activation key? I never knew my activation key, as I was to understand that it is embedded in my laptop somehow.

2. Will it be possible to install it along with Manjaro? I don't want that installation to be corrupted at all.

3. I had bought Microsoft Office Home & Student version earlier. If Windows 10 installation is successful, will I be able to use that? Or, is it the case that this device will be recognised as a different device and it will fail?

I'll be grateful if someone can help me in solving this problem, and also can suggest what could be the problem with my earlier installation.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Anirban Ray, Aug 10, 2020

2. INSTALLING LINUX BOSS 5.1 ALONGSIDE WINDOWS 10

IT WILL BE A GOOD OPTION TO INSTALL LINUX OPERARING SYSTEM, SPECAILLY BOSS 5.1 FROM INDIA, ALONGSIDE WINDOWS 10 IN ALL PCs.

SUKANTAMONDAL, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Scihivflu Win User
    Install Linux Alongside Windows 10

Can you Install Ubuntu Alongside Windows 10?

Scihivflu, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Install windows alongside linux

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Install windows alongside linux

1. Install windows alongside linux - Similar Threads - Install alongside linux

2. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...
  3. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...
  4. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to install Linux over or alongside Windows without booting from external USB drive...

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Linux over or alongside Windows without booting from external USB drive...: [ATTACH]Using an app dubbed Tunic, you can install Linux over or alongside an existing […] This article How to install Linux over or alongside Windows without booting from external USB drive usingTunic first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.: After I installed Manjaro Linux alongside the Windows 10 partition on my C drive, I haven't been able to boot into Windows. For some odd reason, Windows is being listed in both sda1 and sdb1 which I have tried booting from. Instead of launching properly I get 1 of these...
  7. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu: I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all of my linux partitions in the process. How do I prevent Windows from accessing, erasing, or modifying these partitions during...
  8. [Help] I was trying to install Kali Linux alongside Windows 10 and got this error after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] I was trying to install Kali Linux alongside Windows 10 and got this error after...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BombDatGamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dyrcw1/help_i_was_trying_to_install_kali_linux_alongside/
  9. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

Installing Ubuntu alongside windows: I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?...
  10. how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?

how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?: no vmware,just alongside Windows 10 37790