Windows 10: Install Windows from previously installed Windows

Discus and support Install Windows from previously installed Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; OK. Where do I start. So I tried to install Linux but, for some reasons (which are not the subject of this question), I couldn't get to do that. Don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Julien Lalonde St jean, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Install Windows from previously installed Windows

OK. Where do I start. So I tried to install Linux but, for some reasons (which are not the subject of this question), I couldn't get to do that. Don't ask me how, but I ended up deleting Windows (or Windows Boot Loader, whatever). Then, I installed Windows from my USB stick and here I am, on a brand new Windows. The thing is, expecting all my previous Windows file to still be in my hard drive, I installed Windows on a partition on my second hard drive and all the files of the Windows I had "deleted" are still on my first hard drive.

My Question : Is there any way I can install Windows by using my old files? Can I install Windows on the same partition as my old Windows without losing all my files? If not, can I create a backup or something?

Thanks for your help. If you need more information on my system, just ask.

My C Partition :
    Install Windows from previously installed Windows 69573f7f-361a-452b-8132-11763eb3fd9e?upload=true.png
    My second hard drive :

Install Windows from previously installed Windows cb57f72b-7ec7-4b1f-8d88-54f1d74878ae?upload=true.png Disk Manager : Install Windows from previously installed Windows f700cee0-cae3-4c9b-83a6-e5e1835b2ce3?upload=true.png

:)

Julien Lalonde St jean, Dec 23, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Install Windows from previously installed Windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Install Windows from previously installed Windows

1. Install Windows from previously installed Windows - Similar Threads - Install previously installed

2. Removing Previous Windows installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Previous Windows installations: I have 4GB left on my primary C: drive and I want to free up space, I have used storage sense to see what is taking up the most data. Previous Windows installations is using 72.5GB, I want to know whether it is safe to delete this? I'm currently on Windows 10 and don't plan...
  3. previous window installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    previous window installation: im worried that deleting the previous window installations will delete my vacation photos. will it be okay if i clear this disc space without losing my photos? because i have no idea if it will or not. is it okay if i delete it i know nothing about what deleting these would...
  4. previous window installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    previous window installation: im worried that deleting the previous window installations will delete my vacation photos. will it be okay if i clear this disc space without losing my photos? because i have no idea if it will or not. is it okay if i delete it i know nothing about what deleting these would...
  5. Previous Windows Installations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previous Windows Installations: I have never run anything but Windows 10S on this computer. I'm trying to eliminate any unnecessary temporary files to have more storage free. Can I delete the 16.9G of "Previous Windows Installations?" that are showing up in my Temporary Files?...
  6. Previous Window installation files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous Window installation files.: I currently updated to windows 10 version 20h2. I just checked my storage and found that there is 37.2 Gb of temporary files in windows previous installations. I am having no problem with the current version. Should i delete the previous window installation files. I am...
  7. Recover previous windows install from windows.old

Recover previous windows install from windows.old: I recently ran into a problem with my PC and had to reinstall windows. One thing led to another and now I have a clean windows version which isn't activated on my disk, and have my entire older install in my windows.old folder which used an activated windows pro license. Is...
  8. Previous Windows Installations

Previous Windows Installations: Is it safe to uninstall / delete Previous windows Installations? will that Lag or Crash my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/bc954b2d-5488-4ca8-92f6-b7961b2e784a
  9. previous windows installation

previous windows installation: is it safe to remove previous windows installations. Is there a way to find out what version of windows it refers to, or would it be safer to just back it up to a pen drive...
  10. Previous windows installation(s)

Previous windows installation(s): I ran Widows disk cleanup and it found 33.7 Gb of previous Windows Installation(s) on my system. Would it be safe to delete ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/34d03b0c-1189-4188-89ab-b75573cc4dd0"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OPEN hard disk previously installed windows