Windows 10: install windows in legacy mode.

Discus and support install windows in legacy mode. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, i had installed windows 64 bit in my pc and now i wanna go reinstall 32 bit windows. i had installed windows in a whole drifferant boot mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by piyushagarwal3, Jun 8, 2021.

1. install windows in legacy mode.

Hey, i had installed windows 64 bit in my pc and now i wanna go reinstall 32 bit windows. i had installed windows in a whole drifferant boot mode "windows 10 64-bit" was its name and then after that in the bios a new "others" uefi mode had the same windows as the one in "windows 10 64 bit" before the install i had to go to my bios inn every boot cuz my cmos battery is damaged ig and then set date and time and choose "others" in which legacy mode to boot in my windows as it would always boot me in "windows 10 64 bit" which had nothing in it. so i installed windows in the "windows 10 64 bit" m

:)

piyushagarwal3, Jun 8, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 8, 2021
  3. UEFI install vs legacy install

I wonder how many of you here install windows by pure uefi mode rather than the default legacy. Do you have any problem installing any new hardware with uefi install?

I face alot of problem just getting pure uefi install for windows 8 like it could not update, it runs slow and glitchy. I only found the fix later is to disable Compatibility Support Module(CSM) in the bios menu to solve that and reinstall as windows is loading up legacy drivers causing errors. I currently don't have any pcie graphic card, I just wonder this would be a problem like having graphic card without CSM on just purely uefi mode.

MIRTAZAPINE, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Nobody99 Win User

install windows in legacy mode.

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I also recommend legacy mode. UEFI has to tight integration with the OS which is exactly the problem. There was a case where UEFI installed bloatware on fresh Windows installations automatically. It shouldn't be supposed to be able to do that unless the firmware was open-source.

Nobody99, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

install windows in legacy mode.

1. install windows in legacy mode. - Similar Threads - install legacy mode

2. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  3. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  4. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Changing from Legacy to UEFI mode after installing Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing from Legacy to UEFI mode after installing Windows: To change from a Legacy Boot mode to UEFI Boot mode once Windows 10 has already been installed and data saved is there anything else I need to do other than converting the drives from MBR to GPT with Minitool Partition Wizard? 181789
  6. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  7. Legacy mode is not supported

Legacy mode is not supported: HI, Ive bought a brand new Laptop with no operating system (DOS) While trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB stick the following problem occures : I cant activate Legacy mode ,the option is not even there ! ,Only UEFI is supported . Note that i've disabled fast...
  8. Upgrade to W10 from W7 re-installed in Legacy mode

Upgrade to W10 from W7 re-installed in Legacy mode: After a HD crash last year, a repair center reinstalled W7 in BIOS mode even though this PC is new enough to support UEFI. There is no more recovery partition. With no W7 DVD to reinstall properly, can I upgrade to W10, either using an ISO I made last year or purchasing a new...
  9. Wrong grub in legacy mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong grub in legacy mode: My configuration is composed by an SSD which contains windows, and an HDD which contains linux. During the installation of linux I wrongly installed the grub into the MBR, linux is not installed in UEFI mode. The result is that if I use UEFI mode in the Bios I see only...
  10. Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode

Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode: hi currently windows 10 is installed with UEFI mode in my ASUS notebook. the harddisk is in GPT partitioning style. so when i turn on my notebook, i am getting ASUS logo while booting up instead of the blue coloured windows logo. [img] (this pic is not from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to run windows xp on uefi bios