Windows 10: Install Windows on my slow disk?

Discus and support Install Windows on my slow disk? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There are two disks in my computer: one is slow and one is fast. One of these will be dedicated to Windows and the other to my programs, bat-files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gustaf4711, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Install Windows on my slow disk?

There are two disks in my computer: one is slow and one is fast. One of these will be dedicated to Windows and the other to my programs, bat-files and my data. AppData is put on the non-Windows disk whenever possible.

My work is from the command prompt. Almost the entire day I edit program code (Delphi), compile and execute. I guess that there are mostly ten exe files and ten bat-files in use. My own code just read files, do computations and write files.

My desire is, that when I work, then the PC shall respond as quickly as possible. Everyone says that Windows shall be on the fast disk, but is that true, given my work pattern. (If Windows starts a bit slow does not bother me; it starts while I eat breakfast.)

Bets greetings,
    Ch

:)

gustaf4711, Apr 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 10, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Install Windows on my slow disk?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Install Windows on my slow disk?

1. Install Windows on my slow disk? - Similar Threads - Install slow disk

2. My Hard disk so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Hard disk so slow: I so today I did a reading test on my hard disk and the result is not so goodthe reading is 81.35 and the writing is 64.97I want to know what is the problem so please tell meI don't want to get bullied from my friend that said your laptop is so bad.Thank you!...
  3. My Hard disk so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Hard disk so slow: I so today I did a reading test on my hard disk and the result is not so goodthe reading is 81.35 and the writing is 64.97I want to know what is the problem so please tell meI don't want to get bullied from my friend that said your laptop is so bad.Thank you!...
  4. My Hard disk so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows slow After install and disk 100%.

Windows slow After install and disk 100%.: Hi I have 1000 GB 1TB on my laptop, I use Linux Mint so I installed windows 10 using nowjust now and the share of the drives is in the pic, and its soo slow slow response, well Linux mint is the worlds fastest, how to make it faster and the disk in the task manager is like...
  6. My Windows 10 is very slow and Disk is 100%

My Windows 10 is very slow and Disk is 100%: I followed below link to rectify this issue but could not succeed. 100% disk usage on Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community I see 2 critical EVENTS in the EventViewer but not sure if that's the cause...
  7. Disk Defrag Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Defrag Slow: I'm trying to defrag an external 4TB HDD. It's been a couple hours and I'm at Pass1: 1%. Now, I know 4TB is a lot, but at this rate it will take all week to get through pass 1. Maybe it won't be linear or defragging is just really hard work for some reason, so I check my...
  8. Is my hard disk slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my hard disk slow?: my disk is 5400rpm [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-hard-disk-slow/c70b5c37-e612-4b0a-80f4-884011969e43"
  9. windows 10 disk is slow

windows 10 disk is slow: i have an HP 250 G6 Notebook PC and it slow , how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-is-slow/183146af-4596-4b43-bee4-fb4eb0814a4b
  10. Windows 10 slow disk

Windows 10 slow disk: Hello, so I have an HP laptop and it always kinda slow, I don't know how to fix it. My HP model: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC x64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-disk/2d9ce313-5bc7-4618-baf2-0a5cbb2730d3