Windows 10: Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key

Discus and support Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I want to replace the old drives in my computer with some ssd's to futureproof my system and have a fresh start with empty drives. 7 years ago I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielHooglandt, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key

Hi, I want to replace the old drives in my computer with some ssd's to futureproof my system and have a fresh start with empty drives. 7 years ago I bought a physical copy of Windows 10 from an online seller. Sadly I lost the original packaging and disk, and I can't find my key using either command prompt or powershell the place where the key should be is just empty. When I go to activation in windows settings it says "windows is activated with a digital licence that is linked to your account". Is there any way I can find this licence? All of this assuming I do need my key if I'm installing windows on new, empty drives? I used the windows media creation tool to install windows from a USB drive.

:)

DanielHooglandt, Feb 11, 2020
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key :)

dhdude, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Kazan4ik1 Win User
    Windows XP licence key replacement without entering Windows

I have an OEM Windows XP installed on my computer and I have
    replaced the motherboard due to it was defective(burned down), but I have the licence/product key assigned to the new motherboard. Now Windows doesn’t allow me to login(with old licence/product key assigned to burned motherboard), as he thinks that this Windows
    version is not activated, but there is no Activation log appears. So I need to replace the licence/product key in registry, somehow outside of Windows, as I cannot login. Please advise solution without reinstalling Windows.

Kazan4ik1, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key

1. Install windows on new drive to replace old one, but can't find my licence key - Similar Threads - Install drive replace

2. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  3. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  4. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  6. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  7. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Replace old laptop with a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  9. can't find one drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't find one drive: I'm new to MacBook and I can't see my one drive. How do I find it? I do have a Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-one-drive/6dc89000-2fb8-4c38-bc85-bbfb1b52ac2b
  10. Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty: Recently I replaced a hard drive under warranty. 2GB WD. I received in it in the mail, hooked it up with a sata to USB cable to copy everything off the bad drive before I installed the new one. I formatted it, and created a (GPT Protective Partition) Upon completion of the...