Windows 10: Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty

Discus and support Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got windows10 with my laptop. Suppose my hard disc crashes and i need to reinstall the windows and i haven't created backup in external media. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yogi8394, May 14, 2019.

1. yogi8394 Win User

Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty

I got windows10 with my laptop. Suppose my hard disc crashes and i need to reinstall the windows and i haven't created backup in external media. How do i install it

:)

yogi8394, May 14, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty :)

dhdude, May 14, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 14, 2019
  4. Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty

Error "Windows can not to be installed on this hard disk, if other media available install window to another hard disk".

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

You might experience this kind of issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• This issue might be caused due to the incorrect partition on the hard disk which would be the case the hard disk that the operating system was installed on.
    • The hard disk or partition might not be in NTFS format.
    (The NTFS file system provides better performance and security for data on hard disks and partitions or volumes than the FAT file system used in some earlier versions of Windows).

I suggest you to format the hard drive and then try installing Windows 10.

Hard disks, the primary storage devices on your computer, need to be formatted before you can use them. When you format a disk, you configure it with a file system so that Windows can store information on the disk.

Warning:

Make sure you take the backup of the data and then try formatting.

Formatting erases any existing files on a hard disk. If you format a hard disk that has files on it, the files will be deleted and can't be retrieved.

Vinodh_Kumar V, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty

1. Install windows with no externa backup and hard disk is empty - Similar Threads - Install externa backup

2. Windows backup restoring empty folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup restoring empty folders: Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months on my PC. The size of the backup is over 1.7 TB. However, upon completion of the restore operation, only 28 GB of files are...
  3. Windows backup restoring empty folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup restoring empty folders: Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months on my PC. The size of the backup is over 1.7 TB. However, upon completion of the restore operation, only 28 GB of files are...
  4. Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk.: Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-windows-backup-from-external-hard/c8b71bc9-46e4-46d3-971d-5b2afb6b8e35
  5. Empty disk with no storage??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty disk with no storage??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/butterfly_flyflyaway [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn1jzx/empty_disk_with_no_storage/
  6. Empty hard drives to install Windows?

Empty hard drives to install Windows?: Howdy, I have a little problem. My system is only causing problems or nothing can be done. I have decided to do a reinstall again. That means emptying the hard disks completely as if the PC was freshly assembled. The problem is I only have the BIOS available because I can...
  7. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  8. Installing a large hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a large hard disk: Hello! If this has been asked before, please point me to the relevant thread. A friend of mine recently bought a hard disk 8TB and he did not manage to install it correctly. Unfortunately I live far from him and I will have the chance to visit him at weekend. Before...
  9. Can I install the backup image of Windows 10 to a New bigger hard disk

Can I install the backup image of Windows 10 to a New bigger hard disk: Is it permitted to install the backup image of Windows 10 to a New bigger hard disk in the same PC. After that I will use the new hard disk only and format the old one. 25718
  10. How to install Win10 Pro to a new empty hard disk.

How to install Win10 Pro to a new empty hard disk.: I need to replace my failed system disk with a new one and wonder how I can go about installing a new win 10 bought and downloaded from Microsoft. I imagine the process would be the same as for a new custom built computer. I miss being able to buy a Windows on a DVD. Thank...