Windows 10: Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

Discus and support Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobsilver, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Bobsilver Win User

Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04 :)

Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought to the store an usb stick installer for Windows 10 (I know i could have download an iso version of win10, but i dont have any Win10 license, so i directly bought it). The computer has already been formated, and i have literraly nothing on it to save, so i'ts not a problem for me if the installation of win10 delete Ubuntu.

Now, tell me please if i made something wrong:
    In order ton install Win10, I did this:
    -insert the usb stick in the laptop
    -start my computer and reached the BIOS
    -boot the system from the removable disk
    -->at this point I have to choose between a 32 or 64 bits installation (My computer need the 64 bits installation)
    After that, there's a loading screen, progressing normally, but when it's complete, i get this error message.

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
    1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click Next
    3. Click Repair your computer

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains error"

I don't know what to do. All the solutions given don't work in my case. My usb stick is my installation disc, and i don't even reach the others menus (for solution 2 and 3).

Any thoughts about my problem ?

:)

Bobsilver, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V

Well Martin I finally got around to giving it a try.
    And.....

If everyone just follows your instructions "step by step" exactly....
    it works perfectly!!!*Party

I now have 4k Ubuntu in Hyper-V
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04 [​IMG]

ThanksInstall Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04 :)
    1080p
    (click to enlarge)

4K*Party*Party*Party(change to 200%)
    (click to enlarge)

Cliff S, Mar 4, 2019
  3. xfire Win User
    xfire, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

INSTALL UBUNTU 18.O4

WHAT DO I HAVE TO KNOW TO INSTALL UBUNTU 18.04 WITH WINDOWS 10.

PHILIPKAISER, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

1. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04 - Similar Threads - Install Windows10 Ubuntu

2. Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot Ubuntu with Windows10 already on it: I want to dual boot Win10 and Ubuntu, more precisley I want to install Ubuntu on my laptop that already has a Win10. I checked my system it's UEFI so Grub should work fine for swirching between the operating systems (I'm guessing at least). My question is there something to...
  3. Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?: I just got a Dell laptop and it has Ubuntu pre-installed, and as much as I'm trying to like it, I still prefer Windows. Several of the applications in Windows just can't be found in Ubuntu and their substitutes are not as good. Now, I can't afford to buy the official version...
  4. Installing win10 from ubuntu

Installing win10 from ubuntu: Hi! I tried to reinstall my windows 10 from a bootable usb, but after an error on the installation, I can't boot anymore from the windows 10 installer. I tried recreating the usb from RUFUS and WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL. Tried modiying bios secure boot, legacy mode, fast...
  5. Booting legit windows10 instance from my virtualBox on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Booting legit windows10 instance from my virtualBox on ubuntu: Dear Microsoft Team, I have a dual-boot PC with a linux Ubuntu 18.04 (partition U1) and a Windows10 (partition W1) with a licence. I worked all the time with ubuntu and I am able to launch the system on W1 (the same windows10 than the one that I can boot from the dual boot)...
  6. Performance Issue and Failed to install on ‎18-‎04-‎2019 - 0x8024000b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Issue and Failed to install on ‎18-‎04-‎2019 - 0x8024000b: I am using i3 7th generation dell laptop and it is performing really very slow, i contact shop from where i bought, they told me you need to update windows time to time , my current version is 1809 amd64 2019-04. what should i do to increase my laptop performance ? Another...
  7. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  8. Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18

Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18: Hi there I tried to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a Dell XPS laptop. Originally it had Win10. After partitioning and installing Ubuntu, Windows now no longer booting. "no accessible boot device" I tried to change many settings in BIOS: SATA: AHCI UEFI...
  9. INSTALL UBUNTU 18.O4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INSTALL UBUNTU 18.O4: WHAT DO I HAVE TO KNOW TO INSTALL UBUNTU 18.04 WITH WINDOWS 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/install-ubuntu-18o4/e2757bc7-3571-4e3f-b49b-53eb48fb9e7c
  10. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...