Windows 10: Install XP for test equipment

Discus and support Install XP for test equipment in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a measurement device that uses a parallel port and software that only works on Windows XP.So I'm trying to install XP on an old Dell XPS that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan__C., Oct 20, 2021.

1. Dan__C. Win User

Install XP for test equipment

I have a measurement device that uses a parallel port and software that only works on Windows XP.So I'm trying to install XP on an old Dell XPS that has Windows 7 on it.I ran the XP installer from CD-ROM but can't get past the license/product key.I've entered various keys from stickers and such but nothing works.I tried calling the automated phone support line but it just tells me XP is no longer supported and hangs up.Any ideas on how to get XP installed?

:)

Dan__C., Oct 20, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

http://www.dell.com/support/article...-to-windows-10-creators-update?lang=en#XPS-NB

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2021
  4. jagd Win User

TechPowerUp Deploys New PSU Testing Equipment

Nice equipment and nice step forward for TPU ,good luck at new reviews.

Thema:

1. Install XP for test equipment - Similar Threads - Install test equipment

2. Windows XP won't ignore failed Windows Logo test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP won't ignore failed Windows Logo test: Trying to install the Xbox 360 controller drivers on my Windows XP SP2 pc and every time it starts installing I get the "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing" box with only a continue option, and upon selecting continue it stops the install. I...
  3. Windows XP won't ignore failed Windows Logo test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP won't ignore failed Windows Logo test: Trying to install the Xbox 360 controller drivers on my Windows XP SP2 pc and every time it starts installing I get the "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing" box with only a continue option, and upon selecting continue it stops the install. I...
  4. Use of Windows XP on vintage LabVIEW equipment that has installed modules that only work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of Windows XP on vintage LabVIEW equipment that has installed modules that only work...: I need to use Windows XP on vintage LabVIEW equipment that has installed modules that only work with WinXP.Here are the facts:1 LabVIEW modules for Windows 10+ cost $$$$; older modules are on eBay for under $500.2 I purchased several licensed CD's from Microsoft back when...
  5. Use of Windows XP on vintage LabVIEW equipment that has installed modules that only work...

Use of Windows XP on vintage LabVIEW equipment that has installed modules that only work...: I need to use Windows XP on vintage LabVIEW equipment that has installed modules that only work with WinXP.Here are the facts:1 LabVIEW modules for Windows 10+ cost $$$$; older modules are on eBay for under $500.2 I purchased several licensed CD's from Microsoft back when...
  6. installation Windows XP

installation Windows XP: Bonjour je veux installer Windows XP Professionnel Édition x64sur une machine virtuelle Virtual box , j'ai télécharger le fichier ISOwindows_xp_professional_x64 592 MOà l'installation j'ai le message suivant" The CD key you entered is not validfaut il acheter une license ??...
  7. Install XP for test equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install XP for test equipment: I have a measurement device that uses a parallel port and software that only works on Windows XP.So I'm trying to install XP on an old Dell XPS that has Windows 7 on it.I ran the XP installer from CD-ROM but can't get past the license/product key.I've entered various keys...
  8. Network equipment security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network equipment security: Hello Microsoft Gurus:I have a technical question involving mechanical aspects of securing your accesses from cybercriminals. Having previously owned my own modem/routers, is it more secure than using the service provider's equipment who's security software you have no...
  9. Activation after equipment change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after equipment change: Troubleshooting does not help, since the computer is not in the list of devices and the windows editions do not match, although the key is from windows 10 pro. When you enter the key, an error pops up...
  10. Equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equipment: Can someone recomend the best middle of the road setup for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020? i need everything from the computer to controls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equipment/72da2741-79b9-4be1-af54-54f50cabb5b2