Windows 10: Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive

Discus and support Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Dell XPS8940 machine with two drives SSD ( C:) and HDD ( D:) with SATA operation and configured in BIOS for RAID mode. My OS is Version 20H2 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrier, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Terrier Win User

Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive

I have Dell XPS8940 machine with two drives SSD ( CInstallation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive :) and HDD ( DInstallation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive :) with SATA operation and configured in BIOS for
    RAID mode. My OS is Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685 ).
    I wish all new apps and folders: downloads, documents, music, pictures, videos be installed on D: drive not cluttering
    more C: drive (256 GB).
    I enabled through settings>storage> change where new content is saved (DInstallation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive :). Nothing happened.
    How to achieve this task ?

:)

Terrier, Feb 27, 2021

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 27, 2021
  3. NTM2003 Win User
    Upgrading my data drive HDD

I am not the one actually set it up for me I had geek squad do it for me because I didn't want to mess it up. but the folders that are listed in the data drive is
    program data
    steam
    users
    windows apps
    razar soft wear

NTM2003, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive

little cat, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive

1. Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive - Similar Threads - Installation Apps Data

2. Moving data/ pictures etc folders from C DRIVE to a 2nd installed drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving data/ pictures etc folders from C DRIVE to a 2nd installed drive: HiThere are a number of earlier questions & answers on moving the above folders successfully out of C Drive.Will these procedures still work in 2023 with OneDrive set up as normal or will it stuff up My Computer\ documents\ pictures etc?...
  3. Moving data/ pictures etc folders from C DRIVE to a 2nd installed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving data/ pictures etc folders from C DRIVE to a 2nd installed drive: HiThere are a number of earlier questions & answers on moving the above folders successfully out of C Drive.Will these procedures still work in 2023 with OneDrive set up as normal or will it stuff up My Computer\ documents\ pictures etc?...
  4. Moving data/ pictures etc folders from C DRIVE to a 2nd installed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10: I have a Windows-10 64 bit Desktop with the latest updates installed. It boots from a 750GB HDD SATA. I added a 2nd HDD: a WD black 2TB HDD, SATA. In Bios my computer will see the 2nd HDD. Once I boot into Windows tho it's invisible. When I check storage spaces: it shows that...
  6. 2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10: I have a Windows-10 64 bit Desktop with the latest updates installed. It boots from a 750GB HDD SATA. I added a 2nd HDD: a WD black 2TB HDD, SATA. In Bios my computer will see the 2nd HDD. Once I boot into Windows tho it's invisible. When I check storage spaces: it shows that...
  7. 2nd Hard Drive locked in Data Pool Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive

Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive: Hi I currently have a 1Tb HDD, partitioned into ‘C’ one-third and ‘D’two-thirds. ‘C’ is Windows 10 and apps, ‘D’ is data docs, spreadsheets, music…. I have a spare 240Gb SSD 2.5 inch which I’d like to useas the boot drive, with the aim of making Windows 10 start quicker,...
  9. Win 10 on SSD - Data on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 on SSD - Data on 2nd drive: Hi All I know there have been variants on this topic and a few Q's and A's answered within threads, but I was just wondering how many people have recently used an affordable SSD (256GB-ish) with a large spinny HD for storage. All I want to do is keep the OS and progs on the...
  10. Installing user files on 2nd drive

Installing user files on 2nd drive: When I installed Win7 years ago there was a script that i use to install user files to a second drive on install of Win7 Is there something like that on Windows 10 Thanks 146111