Windows 10: Installation blocked by administrator

Discus and support Installation blocked by administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am the administrator of a large network. As an Admin I am able to install the printer drivers I require. however, if a standard user logs on to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Higgi-in-the-middle, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Installation blocked by administrator

I am the administrator of a large network. As an Admin I am able to install the printer drivers I require. however, if a standard user logs on to a new windows 10 pc, and adds the network share for the printer, they are prompted to install files, that seems to work, but after the files are downloaded a pop up appears "Installation blocked by administrator"

We have over 2000 users. I don't want to a) give them admin access, b) log on on their behalf to install the driver.

I have no GPO's set up specific to printer installation nor any AppLocker settings set.

Please can someone advise?

This is becoming urgent as we are trying to roll out Win 10 across our network, but can't if the users can't print.

Thanks

:)

Higgi-in-the-middle, Oct 17, 2018

2. Installation blocked by administrator

I have the same problem since installing windows 10. It says I am the administrator and then says Administrator has blocked for my protection contact administrator.!

SusannahWashington, Oct 17, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Installation blocked by administrator

My PCBackup suddenly blocked by Administrator (that's me)

We appreciate that you checked the information.

Have you already performed the troubleshooting steps they provided? If not, we suggest that you also try the step provided by
    Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    thread
    and see if would let you access MyPCBackup afterwards.

Please update us with results.

Rey Bel1, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Installation blocked by administrator

1. Installation blocked by administrator - Similar Threads - Installation blocked administrator

2. Administrator blocking installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  3. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  4. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  6. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  7. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Administrator blocked my installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Administrator blocked my installation: I am trying to install my printer software and it tells me that an administrator has blocked my installation. I am the only one on this computer. I have wasted hours trying to install my printer so I can use this for business. Microsoft needs to worry less about collecting...
  9. installation blocked by system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installation blocked by system administrator: Yet again, Windows is making life difficult. I have an account with Videoscribe, have purchased a new laptop for work and the system is up to date. I tried to download the vdeoscirbe plug in and it says this has been blocked by the system administrator - fixes please...
  10. Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless printer install blocked by administrator: I'm trying to connect my HP LaserJetM1217nfwMFP printer as a wireless one to my HP laptop running Windows 10. When I begin the Smart Jnstall process I am stopped by a window from User Account Control saying that 'An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer installation is blocked by administrator

2. blocked installation windows administrator

3. installation blocked win 10

4. installation blocked by administrator,
  5. my computer is telling me an administrator has blocked an installation but I am the only administrator