Windows 10: Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

Discus and support Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hydrenix, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Hydrenix Win User

Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb flash drive, only about 7.5 gb are downloaded while when I use the 16gb USB flash drive, only 4.21 gb of the program is downloaded. Does anyone know why this is happening? And if possible how to fix it?

:)

Hydrenix, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

1. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely - Similar Threads - Installation Bootable Media

2. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  3. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  4. KB5012643 will not completely download and install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5012643 will not completely download and install: I am on Windows 11 and KB5012643 will not download past 51 %. I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, a problem was detected and fixed. But the KB is NOT completely downloaded and installed. Would appreciate any help to fix this problem. Thanks....
  5. KB5012643 will not completely download and install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5012643 will not completely download and install: I am on Windows 11 and KB5012643 will not download past 51 %. I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, a problem was detected and fixed. But the KB is NOT completely downloaded and installed. Would appreciate any help to fix this problem. Thanks....
  6. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  7. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  8. Download installation media

Download installation media: To repair my system Win 10 Home Version 1903 I need installation media Version 1903. How can I get this version. On Win 10 Download Page the Version 1909 awailable only...
  9. Creating Bootable Media

Creating Bootable Media: Hi all,I have a quick question about creating a bootable usb stick.I am not to computer savvy so please bare with me. I read the tutorial on how to do it with the media creation tool.Went as planned,I guess,haven't used it yet but what I wanted to know is I removed the usb...
  10. Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootable Media: Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about...