Windows 10: Installation error occured while applying security settings.

Discus and support Installation error occured while applying security settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; try to install node.js on windows 10. help please Installation error occured while applying security settings.Authenticatedusers is not a valid user or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D_sh116, Jul 2, 2021.

1. D_sh116 Win User

Installation error occured while applying security settings.

try to install node.js on windows 10. help please Installation error occured while applying security settings.Authenticatedusers is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network.Check your networkconnection and click Retry,or Cancel to end the install.

:)

D_sh116, Jul 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 2, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Installation error occured while applying security settings.

error applying security

I'm trying to delete a file from my laptop but i can't

because it says I need an admins permission even though I should be an admin

when I go into properties and the advanced security tab and try and change owner

it says;

An error occurred while applying security information to:

D:\McAfee\Endpoint Security ... \ap.bak.xml

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

I cant seem to apply any changes I attempt to make in the properties tab

Sophie Sanders (Sanders-S2), Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Installation error occured while applying security settings.

1. Installation error occured while applying security settings. - Similar Threads - Installation error occured

2. a security error occured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a security error occured: Why a security error occured during activaton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-security-error-occured/411bb696-229d-4a00-95e2-8c02ef6fe17c
  3. a security error occured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a security error occured: Why a security error occured during activaton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-security-error-occured/411bb696-229d-4a00-95e2-8c02ef6fe17c
  4. Error is occuring while installing window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error is occuring while installing window 11: Hello, I am Huzaifa from Newyork. I am facing some problems in whichThe same error is occurring to me while installing Windows 11.I have access to several TB of storage. I possess several internal HD. "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process," says...
  5. Error is occuring while installing window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error is occuring while installing window 11: Hello, I am Huzaifa from Newyork. I am facing some problems in whichThe same error is occurring to me while installing Windows 11.I have access to several TB of storage. I possess several internal HD. "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process," says...
  6. While windows installing, a unexpected error occur

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    While windows installing, a unexpected error occur: I reinstalled the windows. When I try to install it, it say there are some unexpected error occur and my install is fail. I try reinstall like 10 times but it fails. What can I do?[IMG]...
  7. error applying security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error applying security: I'm trying to delete a file from my laptop but i can't because it says I need an admins permission even though I should be an admin when I go into properties and the advanced security tab and try and change owner it says; An error occurred while applying security...
  8. Error occurs while installing updates

Error occurs while installing updates: • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x8007007e • Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033631) - Error 0x8000ffff • Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4049411) - Error 0x8000ffff • Update for Windows 10...
  9. An internal error occured while installing directX

An internal error occured while installing directX: I got a new computer and installed some games, the steam launch failed to install DirectX so I went to manually do it and it failed due to some internal error, quite annoying since it's a new computer and shouldn't be having BS problems like this. Windows Version: Windows 10...
  10. There was an error while applying setting unit 22943A6B453E0FA682D54FDEF23CE29175A400DD for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There was an error while applying setting unit 22943A6B453E0FA682D54FDEF23CE29175A400DD for...: hi joydeep sir getting this error message as There was an error while applying setting unit 22943A6B453E0FA682D54FDEF23CE29175A400DD for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. ASN1 corrupted data.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1803....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an error while applying security information