Windows 10: Installation Failure W7 - W10

Discus and support Installation Failure W7 - W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DBrock2, Jun 21, 2020.

1. DBrock2 Win User

Installation Failure W7 - W10

Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro.

Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D.

The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

Is anyone familiar with this?

:)

DBrock2, Jun 21, 2020

2. W7 to W10 product key rules after HDD failure

Hiya. For my living I go to peoples houses and fix their technology.

4 times in July I attended customers with HDD failures (after W7 to W10 upgrades) where the only way forward was full W10 clean install on new SSD.

In all 4 cases the customers original W7 product key failed W10 validation (aren't the upgraded one's remembered?). anyway ....

Forums I read said the only official recovery path was W7 clean install followed by W10 free upgrade.

My questions is, now the W10 free upgrade option has expired, what do I tell my customers with HDD failure after W7 to W10 free upgrade?

Could someone help me with a link to where the rules are clearly and simply explained please?

Cheers

Jon

ScousePower, Jun 21, 2020
  3. W7 access of W10 share

On my home network W10 systems can access shares on other W10 systems, and W10 can access W7 shares. However, when W7 tries to access a W10 share, it wants a network password. I give it the user/pswd I use to log in on the W10 but that doesn't help.

I found one place:
    Cannot access Shared folder in Windows 10 via Windows 7 PC
    that suggested setting HKLM...Lsa\restrictanonymous to 1
    but that didn't seem to help.

TIA!

Paul Kinzelman, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Installation Failure W7 - W10

W7 to W10 Update Failure

Contacted MS via chat on 2016-08-02 and agent was courteous, and stated that I should have been able to update from W7 to W10 given my issues.

In any case, tried to Remote Desktop with agent, but was unable to do so. Got download link from agent for USB W10 update and...

. Failed 2x to update from W7 to W10 (after apparent W10 update, PC rebooted and reverted back to W7...) using USB thumb drive.

. Decided to do clean install to W10 directly (loosing my W7 setups - no matter for this PC, and I had image backup...) and this time it did work (need to input your License Key Number in order to complete the update)....

Apparently my W7/PC combination was not able to be updated (why? don't know) but it did work doing a clean W10 from USB.

RafaelZorrilla, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Installation Failure W7 - W10

1. Installation Failure W7 - W10 - Similar Threads - Installation Failure W10

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with installing w10 on w7

Problem with installing w10 on w7: Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid...
  6. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  7. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  10. Installers written for W7 - on W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installers written for W7 - on W10?: Hi all *Smile I am thinking of building a 64-bit W10 machine; I currently use 64-bit W7. I remember going from W98 to XP, it was impossible to install many (all?) w98 apps in XP, until the sw dev came out with a new installer compatible with XP. Same with XP to Vista....