Windows 10: Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer

Discus and support Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to install the driver software for a Canon TR8520 printer on my Windows 10 Pro system. Canon technicians believe the issue to be related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanBargender, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer

I am unable to install the driver software for a Canon TR8520 printer on my Windows 10 Pro system. Canon technicians believe the issue to be related to Port Exceptions. They provided the following Port Exception list:

Blocked ports
    Having trouble printing? Maybe your security or firewall software is restricting data traffic through an essential port.

The following ports are necessary for your printer to function properly. Unblock these ports in your security and firewall applications.

TCP 80

For HTTP communication

TCP / UDP 161

For SNMP communication MAXIFY Printers

TCP / UDP 162

For SNMP communication MAXIFY Printers

TCP 443

For HTTPS communication such as cable-less setup operation Applicable models only

TCP / UDP 515

For printing using LPR protocol

TCP / UDP 9100

For printing using Raw protocol

TCP / UDP 1900

For Universal Plug and Play UPnP operation

TCP / UDP 5222

For Google Cloud Print and PIXMA Cloud Link

TCP / UDP 5357

For acquiring the printer information WSDAPI

TCP / UDP 8611

Canon BJNP port for printing

TCP / UDP 8612

Canon BJNP port for scanning Applicable models only

TCP / UDP 8613

Canon BJNP port for sending and receiving faxes from the PC Applicable models only

UDP 3702

Windows 7 / Windows Vista

The ports listed below apply only to models with memory card slots

TCP / UDP 137

Memory card

TCP / UDP 138

Memory card

TCP / UDP 139

Memory card

I am looking for guidance on how to proceed. Thank You.

:)

AlanBargender, Nov 18, 2020

2. Canon Printer i9950

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

This product is not compatible with the operating system selected and no drivers will be made available. Please consider upgrading either your product or operating system to a model or version that is supported.

Also, I suggest you to ensure to have the latest version of the printer software installed on your PC .

Please follow these steps below, to resolve the issue:

Step 1: I suggest you to download the Windows 8.1 printer driver from the below canon website and then try to install the printer driver in compatibility mode.

http://www.supportcanon.com/download-canon-i9950-driver-printer/

Step 2: I would suggest you to try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the
    issue persists.

Please try to refer to the suggestions given by JimWynne replied on December 8, 2015, to fix your issue.

Driver for Canon i9950 printer Windows 10

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Canon - Printers - Canon MG5500 series Printer - Error 0x80240017

GaryRouth's suggestion didn't work for me. But I took his lead and used a slightly different process that eventually worked.

I uninstalled the Canon software in "Programs and Features",

rebooted my machine,

then went to Canon's site and downloaded the full package from Canon for my printer,

extracted the package,

went to the extracted files and opened the DrvSetup folder,

ran the DELDRV64.exe utility to cleanup the old software,

then ran the Setup64.exe to install the Canon software.

Since I've followed these steps, the printer works and the Windows Update for the printer isn't showing up.

Norm Hodne [MSFT], Nov 18, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer

Printer Problem - Canon MX396

Dos your printer come with an installation DVD ?
    if yes, go to Programs and Features > see if your printer is listed.
    If yes, right click at it . click Uninstall.
    Now insert your printer's DVD and start reinstalling it.

davidhk, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer

1. Installation issues with a Canon TR8520 Printer - Similar Threads - Installation issues Canon

2. An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.: Hello,Every time I reboot the computer, it says the print spooler service isn't running, so I need to Troubleshoot the printer, and windows would find and fix the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  3. An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An issue with the Canon MG5500 printer.: Hello,Every time I reboot the computer, it says the print spooler service isn't running, so I need to Troubleshoot the printer, and windows would find and fix the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  4. Dell Inspiron 20 - Canon TR8520 will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 20 - Canon TR8520 will not print: Dell Inspiron 20 running Windows 10 on LAN, Canon TR8520 will not print, is not recognized. TR8520 does print from MAC Desk top on same LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-20-canon-tr8520-will-not-print/cdf5a794-7445-482e-92a6-167d24ad8522
  5. Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer

Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer: Can't even print the Test Page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issues-with-canon-mf4350d-printer/c64c6d2d-0db8-414c-b478-fdf08843b66a
  6. Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer

Printing issues with Canon MF4350d printer: Need help. Having issue to print document on Canon MF4350d printer, keep getting error. This started earlier today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issues-with-canon-mf4350d-printer/ae208a13-cb61-4584-9d2a-53434d79f3fa
  7. canon printer issue

canon printer issue: My printer says it is in use by another computer whenever I submit a print request, but there are no other computers connected to it and it is currently idle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-issue/a909966a-aa23-486a-aefe-ecf07a339c31
  8. Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue

Canon Printer Driver Update Install Issue: For a few months now, an update to my Canon G2000 printer has been showing in my Windows Update list. Each time it seems to install and immediately disappears from the list, however, if I again click Check for Updates, it reappears and then seems to install and immediately...
  9. Canon Printer Installation

Canon Printer Installation: Good Morning All I have a Canon TS8051 Printer. Every thing was working up until 2/3 months ago. Since then I have been unable to reinstall the software and drivers (I cannot recall why I had to reinstall the printer?). Every time I try to install I get the message...
  10. Issues with Canon printer drivers

Issues with Canon printer drivers: I've been trying to add a Canon MX492 printer but there appears to be an issue with installing the drivers. I was on the phone with Canon support for an hour to uninstall/reinstall the drivers yet still get an error message that there is an issue. Canon said it's not their...