Windows 10: Installation Media Key Stuck in loop / Black Screen with white lines at bottom

Discus and support Installation Media Key Stuck in loop / Black Screen with white lines at bottom in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anybody help? I tried to update Win 10 from 1903 to 20H2. Update has failed at every step, so I created a USB key using the Media Creation Tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulMClarke, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Installation Media Key Stuck in loop / Black Screen with white lines at bottom

Can anybody help?

I tried to update Win 10 from 1903 to 20H2.

Update has failed at every step, so I created a USB key using the Media Creation Tool in order to restore Windows.

On boot from USB, I get a black screen with broken white lines at the bottom, then the blue Windows logo briefly appears and then goes back to the screen with lines on. ad infinitum.

This is the third time I have used media creation tool with different memory sticks; all have same result.

My PC is now at the stage where it shows opening logo, then black screen and goes into logo / black screen loop. Turning the computer off multiple times will not bring up Recovery Environment.

Sum up:

Boot doesn't work

Media Creation doesn't work

What do I do now? My computer is dead and I can't see any path to recovery...

:)

PaulMClarke, Mar 8, 2021
  2. vkumar Win User

Screen stuck in black and white

I have a Lenovo Flex 4 Windows 10 laptop. Additional specifications are listed at the bottom.

I have a very strange problem. My account seems to be stuck in black and white. When I boot the computer, the lock screen is in color. When I log into my account, it is in solely black and white. When I log into another account, color is restored.

I am at a loss. I booted into safe mode and the issue was not resolved. I know it is not a hardware problem, as color would then not appear anywhere.

If anyone has any advice to offer, it would be much appreciated.

EDIT:

I have not found a solution to the problem yet, so the temporary solution I found is to just use another account. Although I don't believe this to be a permanent solution, I am growing increasingly frustrated with using a computer with a black and white screen.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

Edit 2:

One more thing which I forgot to mention is that the screenshots appear in black and white. I have tried resetting both of the graphic card control panels to factory defaults, and have also tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling both drivers.

Specs:

Lenovo Flex 4

Intel i5 7200 CPU

Radeon R5 M430 & Intel HD integrated graphics

vkumar, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Black screen loop error: There was an error reseting your PC

Hi Alen,

As you are facing issue with black screen boot loop, I suggest you to perform Power Drain by following the steps provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.

If the issue still persists, create an USB installation media (ISO) for Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool from the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, follow the steps provided below to run Startup Repair.

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Installation Media Key Stuck in loop / Black Screen with white lines at bottom

Black screen of death loop

I installed windows 10 and it seems great, except every now and again it restarts out of nowhere. Then it will go into this loop of restarts with this screen I've captured and then restart again. Today the computer was in sleep mode and I started using it for 10 minutes then bam, black screen of death restart loop. It will show these white boxes at the top of the black screen then restart again. I have a photo but I don't see how to upload here. Any ideas?

Superlarry, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Installation Media Key Stuck in loop / Black Screen with white lines at bottom

1. Installation Media Key Stuck in loop / Black Screen with white lines at bottom - Similar Threads - Installation Media Key

2. Black and white lines on the bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black and white lines on the bottom of my screen: Good day So today when I turned on my laptop some black and white lines as come on the bottom of my screen it wasnt there yesterday so idk how it reach there in the first place ? Can someone help me please and thank u ....
  3. Black and white lines on the bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black and white lines on the bottom of my screen: Good day So today when I turned on my laptop some black and white lines as come on the bottom of my screen it wasnt there yesterday so idk how it reach there in the first place ? Can someone help me please and thank u ....
  4. PC screen in black and white dotted lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen in black and white dotted lines: Hello everyone I have an old LCD display monitor and it's connected to cpu via VGA cable Nearly 1 year i did not used it , and i well packed and placed in cupboard, but now i wish to work in that ,so start the pc , but the screen in black and white dotted lines attached...
  5. PC screen in black and white dotted lines

PC screen in black and white dotted lines: Hello everyone I have an old LCD display monitor and it's connected to cpu via VGA cable Nearly 1 year i did not used it , and i well packed and placed in cupboard, but now i wish to work in that ,so start the pc , but the screen in black and white dotted lines attached...
  6. Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen: Hello,Lately I've been noticing this scrambled white line at the bottom of my laptops screen.When the laptop boots up, it's there and takes up the first couple of rows of the screen, so I can only see half my taskbar. However, over time the lines recede and then I'm able to...
  7. Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen: Hello,Lately I've been noticing this scrambled white line at the bottom of my laptops screen.When the laptop boots up, it's there and takes up the first couple of rows of the screen, so I can only see half my taskbar. However, over time the lines recede and then I'm able to...
  8. Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen

9. White line on bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White line on bottom of my screen: my laptop was working fine last night still works fine but i dont know where this came from or how to get rid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-line-on-bottom-of-my-screen/35c05f1a-1eb0-457b-bcb5-263d60d8fa6b
  10. White line shows on the bottom of windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White line shows on the bottom of windows 10 lock screen: There a like a 1 pixel tall white line at the bottom of my screen, but I only see it in the lock screen. submitted by /u/Ryan3xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaoudb/white_line_shows_on_the_bottom_of_windows_10_lock/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen with a white line during windows installation

2. INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 SHOW AT START BLANK SCREEN WITH WHITE LINES