Windows 10: Installation Media not creating Pro version media

Discus and support Installation Media not creating Pro version media in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, - I currently have Windows 10 Pro. - I created Installation media from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nickel62, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Installation Media not creating Pro version media

Hello,

- I currently have Windows 10 Pro.

- I created Installation media from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

- I selected 'same config as this PC', when creating the media. The dropdown selection did not have Win 10 Pro

- Upon creation of the media I checked the install.esd and it says Windows 10 Home

- I checked the details on MS website and found this: https://imgur.com/a/dveq3Uy

Does this mean that I can't create Windows 10 Pro installation media anymore?

submitted by /u/Nickel62
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nickel62, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Sep 30, 2020
  3. ispiro Win User
    Can the Pro version of Windows 10 be installed by the Media Creation Tool?

I ran the Media Creation Tool, selected Create installation media for another PC and planned to select Windows 10 Pro from the Edition drop down menu. But all it has is Windows 10 and Windows 10 N.

So - Can the Pro version of Windows 10 be installed by the Media Creation Tool?

(I have an activation key for the pro version.)

ispiro, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Installation Media not creating Pro version media

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Installation Media not creating Pro version media

1. Installation Media not creating Pro version media - Similar Threads - Installation Media creating

2. How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?: Hello.To keep it short: Currently exactly 99GB space has been used on my C drive. even though all my user data is on other drivesI have explained my situation in another question, when 71GB was utilised, and later it went up to 80GB. That question is still...
  3. How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?: Hello.To keep it short: Currently exactly 99GB space has been used on my C drive. even though all my user data is on other drivesI have explained my situation in another question, when 71GB was utilised, and later it went up to 80GB. That question is still...
  4. How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating Installation Media Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Installation Media Failing: I'm currently trying to create a new Installation boot on a fresh 64Gb USB stick and I have 10 gb free on my C drive. Everywhere I look it says I only Need 8Gb of space free on both my C drive and USB to be able to make a Windows Installer but after downloading the...
  6. Creating Installation Media Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Installation Media Failing: I'm currently trying to create a new Installation boot on a fresh 64Gb USB stick and I have 10 gb free on my C drive. Everywhere I look it says I only Need 8Gb of space free on both my C drive and USB to be able to make a Windows Installer but after downloading the...
  7. Creating Installation Media Failing

8. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: Hello, I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i am not able to run the installation media in the the window 7 .it tells me to restart and run it again but no change...
  9. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: would creating a installation media of windows 10 and installing windows 10 delete my- 1pre installed apps 2both graphic card-amd,intel 3microsoft office-powerpoint,word etc can it change my digitally activated and licensed windows 10 become unlicensed and unactivate...
  10. Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 that I installed as a full version (not from the free update, I purchased the full edition from Microsoft). Whenever I get a new OS I like to do a clean install so I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which I downloaded...