Windows 10: Installation of a provisioning package failed, Error 0x80070057 or 0x800710d2

Discus and support Installation of a provisioning package failed, Error 0x80070057 or 0x800710d2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If after you use the ScanState command to create a provisioning package (PPKG) and you’re encountering Installation of a provisioning package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 4, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Installation of a provisioning package failed, Error 0x80070057 or 0x800710d2

WinClub, Sep 4, 2020

2. Provisioning package fails to install

Hello

I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error

I use the following tutorial on this website to use the scanstate command to created the PPKG

Provisioning Package - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Installation of a provisioning package failed, Error 0x80070057 or 0x800710d2 [​IMG]

mattsaundersmcp, Sep 4, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User
    Provisioning package fails to install

Hi Mikeyn,

If it's a provisioning package created by capturing installed apps with Scanstate, my understanding is that you can't apply it at runtime.

From: Configure customizations using Windows ICD - Windows 10 hardware dev

In this context, the ppkg from Scanstate is "reference device data".

It seems from that note that this sort of ppkg won't work at OOBE time either. So I think you're looking at some sort of Windows installation process.

Ways you might try are:
    1. use ICD to include the provisioning package into an installer, which can then put onto a bootable USB and installed afresh
    2. from a clean install, install the apps, use scanstate to capture the software to C:\recovery\customizations and then use Sysprep to get an image which you deploy with the more traditional route
    3. try copying the ppkg to C:\recovery\customizations and running a Reset

For a running PC, I *think* number 3 should work, but I'm not 100% sure, so I'd strongly advise having a good backup before trying it - a Reset will clean a lot of stuff off the PC in any case.

DavidY, Sep 4, 2020
  4. mikeyn Win User

Provisioning package fails to install

Hi DavidY,

After it create the .ppkg package. I copied on the usb and run (double click the .ppkg) it on another computer with win10 Pro OS. that's where I got the error.. or I create a new simple provisioning package then import the scanstate package run it on the new machine (OOBE) the error is different (Invalid Product key).

What I'm doing wrong here? How do you run the scanstate provisioning package to install on the another machine?

Thank you in advance !

Mike

mikeyn, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Installation of a provisioning package failed, Error 0x80070057 or 0x800710d2 - Similar Threads - Installation provisioning package

2. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  3. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  4. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Install .exe app with Provision package

Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  6. error 0x800710d2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 0x800710d2: I keep getting error 0x800710d2 when attempting to open jpeg files of pictures I have taken with my adroid. The photos appear as white on my phone, and no "preview" is available when connected to the computer. Are my pictures lost?...
  7. Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install: I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive: [img] Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to have them applied during a clean install of Windows 10? My current install is a clean...
  8. Provisioning Package issues

Provisioning Package issues: Hey Yall, I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot of issues. I have tried a bare bones .ppkg with only one setting changed and also a full blown custom .ppkg with about 100...
  9. Provisioning package fails to install

Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...
  10. Using Provisioning Packages

Using Provisioning Packages: Hello Everyone, While reading about Provisioning Packages, I cannot figure out where and when to use them? I really appreciate if you could help find some use cases of PP. Why Microsoft came up with the idea of PP? Does they replace GPOs? (if anything to do with GPOs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can I fix the problem of the installation of a provisioning package failed?