Windows 10: Installation of Apps on D drive

Discus and support Installation of Apps on D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hii, i have a hybrid drive laptop with 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. I want to install few apps on my D drive but any app i download gets installed on C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KavanParmar, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Installation of Apps on D drive

Hii, i have a hybrid drive laptop with 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. I want to install few apps on my D drive but any app i download gets installed on C driveSSd. I don't have much space on C drive to install big games and apps. Pls help me through this.

:)

KavanParmar, Nov 7, 2020

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 7, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Installation of Apps on D drive

little cat, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Installation of Apps on D drive

1. Installation of Apps on D drive - Similar Threads - Installation Apps drive

2. Installing Xbox App games to my D: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Xbox App games to my D: drive: Hello, I’m running Windows 11 Version 23H2 I am currently dealing with an issue with downloading games on my StorageD: Hardrive on my PC using the Xbox App. It’s only allowing me to install on my C: drive, but it’s a smaller drive that has my operating system on it. When I go...
  3. Install Store Apps on D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Store Apps on D drive: I have a 256 GB SSDC Drive which is low on space and I want to install The apps on my HDDD DriveI changed the preference to D drive in setting>storage>change where new content is saved .But while installing store apps I got this errorPls help me as I dont have much space in...
  4. I Cant install Apps to my D Drive

I Cant install Apps to my D Drive: I can set it to my E and F drives but theres no space on my E Drive and my F drive will download but it will always end in this errorI cant reformat my D Drive as I have too much on there I would loose, however I can do it to my E and F drive if needed.Anyone know how I can...
  5. Apps installed on D drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps installed on D drive not working: Hi,I have a 120gb SSD which was not enough space windows 10 is installed here, so I have been using my 1TB HDD for storage and installing programs. I noticed that almost every program that I installed on my hard drive seems to be corrupt and will not open. It does not give an...
  6. Microsoft apps won't install on D: Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft apps won't install on D: Drive: When trying to install a game on my D: drive nothing happens. i can keep klicking the blue install button but nothing happens. i've already tried the solution i found here:...
  7. Can't install app to D: drive

Can't install app to D: drive: Please, before I start, do not tell me to go to Storge > Change where new apps are saved. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting. This is what that screen looks like when I try to drop the menu down to select a drive: https://imgur.com/9qIGDaK So how do I fix this?...
  8. Can't install apps on D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps on D:\ drive: I went to install Halo 2: Anniversary, and I wanted to install it on my D: drive so I don't fill up my C:, and it won't let me.[ATTACH] So I click "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved", and it takes me here. [ATTACH] I switch it to D: and it shows me this...
  9. Installing on Drive D?

Installing on Drive D?: On my Dell computer, Drive C has 104GB which is 95% in use while Drive D has 931GB of which 904GB are free. Is it possible to uninstall Office 365 from Drive C and then re-install it on Drive D?...
  10. Can't Install Windows Store Apps to D Drive

Can't Install Windows Store Apps to D Drive: I cannot set the default save location for apps from the Microsoft store to my D drive. When I navigate to Settings > System > Storage > Where to Save New Apps, I select the D drive from the drop down menu and select Apply. I receive an 0x80070005 error every time, but it...