Windows 10: Installation of Camera

Discus and support Installation of Camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to install built in Camera of my LENOVO Laptop last 3 years.. It is not visible in Device Manager.Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KartikJain2, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Installation of Camera

I am unable to install built in Camera of my LENOVO Laptop last 3 years.. It is not visible in Device Manager.Please help

:)

KartikJain2, Jun 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Installation of Camera

Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Installation of Camera

1. Installation of Camera - Similar Threads - Installation Camera

2. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  3. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  4. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working: hlo my name is parwinder i want to ask that how i can install camera in my laptop also window 10 i have a camera in my laptop what it is working its not showing my picture .its totally blank also no app for camera to open...
  6. how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working

how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working: hlo my name is parwinder i want to ask that how i can install camera in my laptop also window 10 i have a camera in my laptop what it is working its not showing my picture .its totally blank also no app for camera to open...
  7. how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I want to install a camera on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install a camera on my computer: Greetings, Windows 11 Pro is installed on my computer I want to install a cameralogitech c270 hd webcamAnd it doesn't work for me, from a search on the Internet it turned out that it is not possible in this version of Windows, is that true?I would appreciate your help...
  9. I want to install a camera on my computer

I want to install a camera on my computer: Greetings, Windows 11 Pro is installed on my computer I want to install a cameralogitech c270 hd webcamAnd it doesn't work for me, from a search on the Internet it turned out that it is not possible in this version of Windows, is that true?I would appreciate your help...
  10. I installed an update KB4023057 and now camera is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed an update KB4023057 and now camera is not working.: I installed an update KB4023057 and now camera is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-an-update-kb4023057-and-now-camera-is/3c943a96-f493-4aea-acde-bb3b9dfb7861