Windows 10: Installation of Direct2D Debug files

Discus and support Installation of Direct2D Debug files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, first, this is not a developer question in first place. It's about installing Windows (ver 1709 or 1803). In short: Under which circumstances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Armin Zingler, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Installation of Direct2D Debug files

Hi,

first, this is not a developer question in first place. It's about installing Windows (ver 1709 or 1803).

In short: Under which circumstances is the file Windows\system32\d2d1debug3.dll installed? It can be found in the Window Setup ISO file, but on my Windows ver 1709 machine, there is only a d2d1debug2.dll (note the 2 at the end) . I've looked at a different machine with Windows ver 1803, but there is not even a d2d1debug2.dll.

I can't figure out an optional component during Windows installation that might includes these file(s), so, how comes that it is "randomly" there or not?

Thanks

:)

Armin Zingler, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Taurusk Win User

Poor Direct2D performance after Windows 10 SDK installed

I am developing an application using VB.NET and Direct2D. To assist in debugging, I recently installed the latest Windows SDK so that I could enable the debug layer. The SDK installation was successful and the DirectX debug layer is working in VS2013
    as one would expect.

Unfortunately, since installing the SDK and regardless of whether or not I create a debug device, Direct2D performance has slowed to a crawl, less than half the throughput compared to before the SDK was installed. This applies to projects in Visual Studio
    and Direct2D project binaries that were compiled prior to installing the SDK.

Most frustrating is the fact that uninstalling the SDK does not resolve the problem. I have reproduced the problem on both an AMD Desktop and Intel notebook, both running Windows 10 and VS2013. System Restore seems to be the only way to restore DIrect2D
    performance but at the cost of not being able to use the debug layer.

Applications that use Direct3D or DirectDraw are unaffected.

Any suggestions or input on this matter would be gratefully received!

Taurusk, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Direct2D Plans

Anyone from Microsoft know if there are plans to support Direct2D on Windows Phones? If so, can you provide any details?

Brian P. Adams, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Installation of Direct2D Debug files

debug

Hello,

It seems that the debug file on your desktop is created when your device did its weekly cleanup process. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you using a 3rd party app to schedule the clean up?
    • Is this the first time that the debug file shows on your desktop?
    • Do you have a 3rd party app or a plugin for instant messaging service?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Installation of Direct2D Debug files

1. Installation of Direct2D Debug files - Similar Threads - Installation Direct2D Debug

2. what is this debug file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this debug file: So i was using google chrome and i exit and i saw this weird debug file in my desktop i researched on the internet and they have the same problem but they use windows edge i dont really use Edge but i dont know if the problem is caused by chrome or windows Edge Please...
  3. A debug file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A debug file: So there is a file on my desktop that is simply called Debug. I can't get rid of it. every time I try to delete it, it says that it's already running in google. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-debug-file/242c2ec3-bbc6-47e2-a000-4c3a7c93309e
  4. debug file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    debug file: After windows update every day as I switch on the lap I find the file debug. All the time I delete it but it appears again after restart. It is a notepad file it contains the below code [1017/205630.973:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find...
  5. Debug file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file: There is a debug file on my desktop. It says : [1016/145258.052:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 What should I do? Everytime I turn on my PC it says scanning and repairing drive C while booting then after few...
  6. Debug file problem

Debug file problem: Yesterday I got a debug file and I got help by someone and he told me I had to re-download chrome or any web browser built on the Chromium Engine but today after I re-downloaded my browser I got the same debug file that said the same thing...
  7. Unknown Debug file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Debug file: When ever I open a pdf file using Microsoft Edge, there is a 'debug.log' file also created. In the debug file " [1011/122148.473:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 " What is going on in my laptop??? and how to...
  8. Debug file TXT

Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  9. Windows Debug password file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Debug password file: Hello. I'm new here. The PSSWD file in Windows>debug keeps acting like it's trying to change my password every time I log in. It looks like this : 08/26 11:00:08 Attempting password change server/domain DESKTOP-147RUQC for user Administrator 08/26 11:00:08...
  10. DLL FILE DEBUG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL FILE DEBUG: For some reason I cannot register a .dll file. I've verified the file path but it fails. What steps to debug the file?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-file-debug/0060a58b-d105-413e-8715-69f4e2a1023f