Windows 10: Installation of HEVC codec

Discus and support Installation of HEVC codec in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any attempt to install HEVC codec, purchased from MIcrosoft Store, is a failure. What can be the reason? 126437 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nina, Feb 1, 2019.

1. nina Win User

Installation of HEVC codec

Any attempt to install HEVC codec, purchased from MIcrosoft Store, is a failure. What can be the reason?

:)

nina, Feb 1, 2019

2. 58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

Hi Kraig,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted codec files. To help us identify the cause of this error, we would like to know the following information:

• Which app are you using to open and play your media files?
    • Have you installed any codec packs on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and install the
    official Codec packs from Microsoft
    . These packs can correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Feb 1, 2019
  3. hevc codec won't work in Resolve

Hello, I thought i would get the HEVC Video Extensions codec in the Store to help with support when trying to create h.265 videos in software like Resolve. But even with this i get no extra support for the file type,
    heres what the description on the store says

HEVC Video Extensions enable Windows 10 devices to play video using the HEVC format in any app. They're designed to take advantage of hardware capabilities on modern devices, including Intel 7th Generation Core processors
    and newer GPUs in order to support 4K and Ultra HD content. For devices without HEVC hardware support, software support is provided to enable local playback capabilities though the experience may vary depending on the resolution of the video and performance
    of your computer. In addition to supporting HEVC playback, these Extensions also include support for encoding HEVC content on devices that do not contain a hardware encoder.

Am i missing something or will it not work for editing the h.265 files?

Podge Papin, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Installation of HEVC codec

Windows 10 getting HEVC H.265 Codec to use Hardware Acceleration

Playing HEVC H.265 videos using Windows Media Player and GoPro Quik then the 4k 60 fps video appears all stuttering and becomes a slideshow. The CPU usage is going through the roof and it's not using Hardware Acceleration. I have installed the "HEVC Video Extensions" from Microsoft Store. When I use the app "Movies & TV" for playing the video file then it uses around 1% CPU and Hardware Acceleration seems to be enabled.

How can I get Windows Media Player and GoPro Quik to use Hardware Acceleration?

"HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer" (Free version that works with licence software like GoPro Quik): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hevc-video-extension/9n4wgh0z6vhq

I have tried following:

1. Uninstall all codecs, also the "HEVC Video Extensions" from Store: Windows Media Player plays only the sound, screen is black. Unable to open video in GoPro Quik
    2. Installed K-Lite Codec Pack (w/HEVC codec): Windows Media Player plays the video with both video and audio smoothly. The playback is hardware accelerated as it only used 1% CPU. Unable to open video in GoPro Quik
    3. Install "HEVC Video Extensions" from store (Regardless if K-Lite is installed or not): Windows Media Player plays video with both video and audio but it's stuttering. Playback is not hardware accelerated and it uses near 100% CPU. GoPro Quik is now able to open and edit the video but it's stuttering, using 100% CPU on playback and hard to edit the movie

System specifications:

• Windows 10 Pro N, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.165
    • Intel i7-8700K @ 3.7Ghz (8th gen, coffee lake, newer then Kaby Lake)
    • 16 GB Ram
    • Nvidia GeForce 1070 GTX (Driver version 398.82 which is the newest)

One solution would be using software like Handbrake to convert the video file from H.265 to H.264, but I consider that a "hack" as this really should work with my system spec.

Arne H. Bitubekk, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Installation of HEVC codec

1. Installation of HEVC codec - Similar Threads - Installation HEVC codec

2. HEVC Codecs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Codecs: im on windows 10 and cant get the codecs because im from the uk..when i put my card details in its asking for a post code which it wont take..plus its asking for a state ? i cant change the country...
  3. HEVC Codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Codecs: im on windows 10 and cant get the codecs because im from the uk..when i put my card details in its asking for a post code which it wont take..plus its asking for a state ? i cant change the country...
  4. HEVC Codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HEVC codec purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC codec purchase: I purchased the HEVC codec so my family can watch videos on our media pc. Unfortunately the restricted local users kids can't use the codec. Surely you don't expect everyone using the pc to separately purchase this codec?...
  6. HEVC codec purchase

HEVC codec purchase: I purchased the HEVC codec so my family can watch videos on our media pc. Unfortunately the restricted local users kids can't use the codec. Surely you don't expect everyone using the pc to separately purchase this codec?...
  7. HEVC Codec issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEVC Codec issue: I have purchased a HEVC codec from the store. I cannot find it anywhere in the store to download, if I go through to get it a different way where it says install it won't download and install, it's doing my head in....
  8. HEVC CODEC Not Installing Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEVC CODEC Not Installing Automatically: Hi In spite of updating windows version 10 and buying HEVC Codec extension, I am not able to install the codec. What should I do? Wondershare Filmora will not import media files....
  9. Download and install HEVC video extension codec

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download and install HEVC video extension codec: Reference: Case#1011922759 I purchased HEVC video extension but was not able to download and install on my windows 10. Microsoft technician assisted me yesterday by implanting and starting upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004. But Unable to install this Windows 10 upgrade...
  10. HEVC Codec Installer

HEVC Codec Installer: This won't download....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hevc codec must be installed to solve this failure. clicking yes will install and enabled this codec for immediate use.

2. hevc codec must be installed to solve this failure. clicking yes will install and enabled this codec for immediate use

3. hevc codec must be installed

4. Hevc must be,
  5. hevc manual installation,
  6. hevc codec not installing,
  7. your system does not have a hevc codec installed,
  8. i purchased the hevc video extensions codec thorugh the movie and tv app but it wont dfownload,
  9. edge 4k codecs,
  10. hevc free gopro hero4 windows 10,
  11. microsoft store says i have hevc installed but i cannot find it.,
  12. install hevc codec windows 10,
  13. how to install hevc codec on windows 10,
  14. HEVC Codec must be installed to solve this failure. Clicking Yes will install and enabled this codec,
  15. フィモーラ HEVC Codec must be installed to solve this failure. Clicking Yes will install and enabled this