Windows 10: Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020

Discus and support Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface unit running Windows 10 ----- and when I do Windows Updates, there is a major update available: Feature update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TansukhGanatra, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020

Hello,

I have a Microsoft Surface unit running Windows 10 ----- and when I do Windows Updates, there is a major update available:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2

When I try to install this update, it fails and there is an error message as follows -----

Last failed install attempt on ‎6/‎17/‎2020 - 0xc1900101

When I look up this error code, it indicates that it is a conflict with Anti-Virus Software.

I am currently running Norton Security Anti-Virus Protection on my unit.

I am afraid to uninstall the Anti-Virus Protection on my computer ----------because that would obviously expose my unit to risks ------- so what do I do to enable the Feature update to install?

Please help on this ---- much appreciated. Thank you!

:)

TansukhGanatra, Jun 18, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 18, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020 pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020

1. Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020 - Similar Threads - Installation major update

2. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  3. 10 May 2020 Update

10 May 2020 Update: Has anyone installed 10 May 2020 Update on Asus Zenbook UX303 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-may-2020-update/232d21d3-fd44-4018-b46b-9b6b79ed36dc
  4. Microsoft is fixing major issues in Windows 10 May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing major issues in Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Earlier this year, Windows 10’s May 2020 Update arrived with plenty of important improvements and a few new features like Cloud Recovery. With May 2020 Update, Microsoft added support for better memory management in Windows Search and Display Driver Model (WDDM). As many PCs...
  5. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  6. A major problem with Windows 10 May 2020 update.

A major problem with Windows 10 May 2020 update.: Hey, so this is regarding the new May 2020 update not insider program the one that revolves around version 2004. Why are we going back is beyond my understanding. However, One major problem with this update is that some of the very important support applications like bang &...
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  8. Is the May 2020 Update a Major or Minor Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the May 2020 Update a Major or Minor Update?: Could someone confirm whether the May 2020 update for Windows 10 is a major update that basically installs a new version of Windows which usually results in some settings being lost like the exact layout of the task manager, etc. Or is it a minor update which is just a...
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi everyone! Its been days since Microsoft released the Windows 10 May 2020 update, but my laptop is not getting it. I'm checking for Windows update but my device is saying that I am up to date....
  10. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...