Windows 10: Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

Discus and support Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using dell laptop bought in 2012,it used to run on windows 7 before and it was a bit slow so i gave it to format to windows 10.It has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by P.Nishit, Aug 29, 2021.

1. P.Nishit Win User

Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

I am using dell laptop bought in 2012,it used to run on windows 7 before and it was a bit slow so i gave it to format to windows 10.It has been formatted to the older version of windows 10.It is just a bit slow in this version.Now can i update it to the latest version of windows 10 because it is continuosly warning me to update and it is trying to get updated.Now can i update it to the latest version, i am waiting because this pc is a bit slow and i am worried that it become very slow after installation of newer version.Please help me.

:)

P.Nishit, Aug 29, 2021
  2. Ken Blake Win User

Older version of Software's are not supported in Windows 10

Since you don't want me to, I won't suggest buying a newer version, but I'll point out that if it is not supported in windows 10, it is not supported in windows 10.

You essentially have four choices:

1. Run Windows Defender, which comes with Windows 10.

2. Run some other anti-virus program, for example a free one like Avast.

3. Buy a newer version.

4. Run an older version of Windows and run your antivirus on it.

And let me also point out that there's nothing new about Windows 10 in this respect. Whenever a new version of Windows comes out, there is always some older software that won't run on it.

Ken Blake, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Older versions of PC suite?

It always helps if you re-install an older version that you first delete all (newer) Nokia software from your PC.

However why not installing SP2 ? The Windows update contains a lot of fixes and more and more software is requiring the latest version of the OS. In this end this could be less trouble then going through the hassle of re-installing older versions of the software....!?

donald1---01, Aug 29, 2021
  4. M Wenger Win User

Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?

M Wenger, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version... - Similar Threads - Installation newer version

2. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  3. Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making an Old Program Run on Newer Versions of Windows: I have a simple program which always ran on previous versions of Windows on my two computers. But after I have installed the latest build of Windows 10 on the first computer and Windows 11 on the second computer, the following error messages appear when I try to start the...
  4. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one: I recently just booted my old laptop which was not turned on for a few years now. So Windows Update started downloading the latest versions of Windows. It installed an update, "2020-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4480730", which is an update...
  5. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one: I recently just booted my old laptop which was not turned on for a few years now. So Windows Update started downloading the latest versions of Windows. It installed an update, "2020-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4480730", which is an update...
  6. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs: Hello,I had to rollback my windows from February's version because of bugs (I used the update assistant), while waiting for the March update. Yesterday it appeared so I had the February's one and March's one (total of two updates in the same time). The problem is that it used...
  8. which is the newer version of windows 10, 1903 or 1809??

which is the newer version of windows 10, 1903 or 1809??: windows 10, which is the newer version, 1903 or 1809?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-the-newer-version-of-windows-10-1903-or/c0424991-e0fe-4f19-92da-10f0360b14e0
  9. Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old Vulerabilities on Newer version of Windows: While analyzing the vulnerability scan results I found many old vulnerabilities like MS13-054, MS11-029, MS11-030 etc present on multiple Windows 10 machines. But my understanding says since code causing these vulnerabilities had been fixed in old versions they shouldn't be...
  10. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. instlal an older version of win 10 on an older laptop